The worry inside of me started to rise when the people started talking louder. It made me wonder if there was a fight going on.

I had dropped my laptop to the side and went to check the living room. Halfway there, my steps halted as a unfamiliar voice spoke up in a very disrespectful manner and with his voice raised, almost screaming his words out.

''I don't f*cking care if it was you or your brother. I want them back." The unknown man spoke and my heart had started to beat faster and my palms started sweating.

Thoughts of my father raised in my mind, playing with my emotions. My father was a well respected doctor with a well respected family. What kind of business could he possibly have with that man?

"Don't raise your voice in my house again young man or I will forget who you are." My father hissed in disapproval.

My steps quickened and soon I was at the entrance of the living room which was also in front of the main door to the house. From that spot, I could see everything and everyone.

At least five men dressed in black had been scattered around in the living room with guns around their bodies.

In the middle was my uncle, his back had been towards me and in front of him stood another man. I guessed it was the mannerless man who was shouting earlier.

I had tried to see who he was but couldn't make out his face since my uncle covered him from my view.

''I beg you. Let my son go." My uncle pleaded calmly in front of the man.

I stayed there in shock. Not knowing what to do about the situation. The unknown man was obviously a man with a lot of power. The men with guns around him had explained that already.

Suddenly, the dreadful moment I wished never happened took place. As I was standing there watching my uncle plead, bringing tears to my eyes, something unexpected happened.

My uncle had moved to the side and I was met with the sight of the unfamiliar man.

I stayed frozen and debated if I should've run to my room or stay. At the time my feet had given up, making me stand still. Not daring to breath, let alone move.

As I looked in his eyes I realized he was looking at me with slightly shock and disbelief. His dark eyes had widened a bit, staring at me intensely.

My eyes moved to my uncle who was stressfully going through his phone and I felt a pang in my chest at seeing him like that.

The man had followed my gaze as he looked at my uncle and after a moment, his eyes returned back to me. My uncle was pleading him to set his son free, but the man ignored him. He just stared at me with nothing but hard eyes.

The whole situation made me uncomfortable and just as I planned to walk towards my father, the man spoke up.

''Either get me my men, and take your son with you. Or get me my men, and don't take your son with you.'' It took me a few seconds to understand what he just said.

He then proceeded to walk towards the main door behind me. I had taken a few steps to the side to give them space to leave.

I felt his gaze on me the whole time, and when he was near the door, my heart had stopped together with his footsteps. After having an inner argument with myself, I decided to look up only to find him staring at me.

I didn't remember how but I rushed to my father and was in his embrace in seconds. I glanced back at the door only to find it's surroundings empty.