+Raven Ghoul 12+

*a quick recap and a little bit of explanation is written at the end of this chapter so please read!

"Don't be so excited yet.. The last match isn't over." The petite figure from the other side spoke. It was a feminine voice.

"What do you mean? How so?!" Leorio asked, confused.

The figure walked towards Majitani to check his pulse. After confirming, she said, "He's alive, just unconscious." To prove her point that the third match wasn't over, she added, "That was a match to death. Either of them had to die or surrender to conclude the battle."

The man in a suit shrugged, "Ugh.. Kurapika, finish off that dude so we can continue."

Kurapika firmly said, "I will not."

"What??"

"He wasn't a fighter, yet I went ahead and knocked him down." Then, he gazed sharply at the ravenette. "If I had done anything more, it would be ludicrous cruelty." It seems he has taken a disliking towards her after her feat from the first round. Reiko caught that and responded with a smile that wasn't friendly-- it was amusement.

"But you have to end the match!" Leorio argued.

"I'll leave it to him to decide his fate." The blonde finalised.

The taller man growled in annoyance. "This is ridiculous! We're wasting time!"

Suddenly, the blue figure twitched. It didn't seem natural for someone unconscious. Reiko was the only person who saw it, it was by coincidence that she glanced at the body. It seemed suspicious, very likely that Majitani is just playing pretend to drag their time.

For the first time ever, she called his name which made him jump. "Leorio."

"Y-Yes?" He gulped, but he got a little used to her heavy presence. He didn't budge when she stood next to him.

"You have learned a thing or two about medical, yes?" She asked, gluing her gaze on the body.

"Yes."

"Look closely at Majitani and observe if he's really unconcious."

He obeyed her and let his professionalism take over. He was no longer nervous, no longer trembling, no longer sweating. His trained eyes loomed over the blue man's body, catching every sign and symptom. The muscles of the body were too still, too tensed. He observed the movement of his upper body to watch his breathing; it was too deep and too fast for an unconscious person.

He reported calmly to the ravenette next to him, "No, he's definitely conscious." It was loud enough for the entire place to hear.

Reiko glared at the body. "If you don't want to end this, Kurapika, I will go on your behalf. Even if it's not allowed, we can't afford to waste time."

Right after she spoke those words, Majitani shot up and screamed, "I give up! I give up! I surrender! Please don't kill me!" He cried, running all the way to his side like a coward. The girl smiled, turning to her group. "And now we proceed."

+++

19:02:57

Was the time all of them arrived in a circular room where the participants who passed the third phase gathered in. The group of five were covered in sweat; running away from traps and walking on countless stairs, doing stupid tasks until they reach the bottom. Even Reiko broke a sweat in the humid tower, finally showing a humane characteristic from her. There just a little over 20 people who passed including the team. The four boys sat on the floor and leaned their backs on the wall while the ravenette scanned the room, checking if her fellow acquaintance passed as well.