+Raven Ghoul 7+

As Raven let her words linger in the open space like an undying echo, there was a blast of wind causing the trees to shiver and the grasses swirled furiously surrounding the contestants. When every one of them including the examiners looked up, they caught sight of a huge air ship with the sign of the hunter's confederation.

"Is it the examination committee??" They gasped aloud.

A tiny figure appeared on the bottom of the airship. The size of the figure increased and soon revealed an old man in his 60s. He landed casually on the ground which startled everybody—well, most of them.

"He didn't hurt himself after such a jump?"

"Who's the old man?"

Curious whispers began to erupt from the crowd, but the raven girl silently watched from the side. Next to her was Hisoka who watched her closely, something about her strongly intrigued him and her aura.. It changed when the old man made an entrance. It was indescribable, her aura felt angry, full of hate, but there was something else to it that he could not pinpoint.

As the old man with moustache-like eyebrows walked towards Menchi's direction, his eyes locked with the ravenette. Almost immediately, her dull red eyes lighted up for a second before moving out of the way and stared at anything but him. It did not go unnoticed by the card user who was watching her.

"Netero-san, president of the Hunter Association." Menchi started. "The man responsible for the exam."

"This old man is the president? Is this a joke?"

"Hey, maybe we can become hunters if we beat him. I bet he wouldn't last a minute!"

"Let's do it!"

The idiot bunch of participants rushed forward to the old man whom they now know is named Netero. Before they could come close to him, a large and plump palm swatted them away like some pesky little insects; Buhara, it belonged to. Netero then said,"Thank you, Buhara." And continued while locking eyes with Menchi. "I'm only an executor and I'm here to solve this kind of problem."

Almost immediately the turquoise haired woman stood up straight as if she was in a marching squad; guilt flashed across her face and her voice was laced with the slightest panic. "I'm sorry, I lost my temper when I saw them willingly betray each other for their needs."

"If you look closely, Menchi, not all of them did so." As he stated this, the said woman observed each contestant and sure enough, she caught a lot of them who was still clean of blood; that surely is a strong enough proof to show they had not killed anybody. It was the only proof she could see anyway.

Menchi released a sigh followed by a short gesture of resting her hands on her hips. "I hereby announce the elimination of all contestants with even a single drop of blood on their shirt and body." If she said those who did not kill instead, there is no doubt that there will be plenty of lies erupting from their mouths.

None rejected the idea; they were either too guilty or stunned for having done something terrible for nothing at all. Are they worth the pity? As much as Gon wants to defend them and beg the juries for giving them a chance, he knew that they were wrong in the first place to have betrayed their companions, their friends. On the other hand, Raven was distracted—how odd. She paid no mind to what was happening, she was only looking at one person and one person only—Netero.