Blue - Dear Evan Hansen [Tree Bros]

His eyes were blue.

Not that dull blue- god no. That striking electric blue that assessed your ever move, calculating friend or foe. That striking crystal blue that hardened in anger. That striking water-like blue that pierced your heart with a single blow.

Sometimes I wondered if his blue eyes would ever show emotion other than those of hurt and anger. But sadly, they never got the chance to, for no one ever showed him love.

Not his parents. Not his sister. Not even me, the kid who gets worked up over his hands being too sweaty.

And, yes, I'm just realising this now. I have- had a huge crush on Connor Murphy — the blue eyed school druggie. But I'm too late. I'm always too late.

It's not like I ever had the guts to tell him, or even talk to him. But I wish I had. I wish I had spent every moment with him. Maybe... maybe I could've helped him through it- through the depression and stuff- but those eyes warned me away. Sliced my intentions in two.

I watch as his open coffin is shut, locking those beautiful blue eyes and the boy they belong to away for forever.

His eyes were blue. A dull blue with no life in them. But I still liked them anyway.

A/N: short and sweet- I also just realised there's barely any tree bros or even anything Deh in here XD so I'll try and write more. Also requests? Maybe?