More Than Survive - Dear Evan Hansen [Evan]

A/N: yeahh didn't wanna really do a ship for Evan rn So.... like why not crossover? Song fic! Oh and italics mid-page are lyrics if ya don't pick it up guys.

C-c-c'mon, c-c-c'mon,
Go, go!
C-c-c'mon, c-c-c'mon,
Go, go!

Evan Hansen. The kid who spends his morning writing petty letters to himself because his therapist says so.

I tap my finger on the hard cover of my journal. I had already done a doodle of some Pinus Densiflora and I needed inspiration!

My playlist was glitching out as the video buffered slowly. It was pure aggravation as the small circle went around in a constant attempt to play.

I'm waitin' for my porno to load,
My brain is gonna freakin' explode,
And now, of course, it's time to hit the road,

Ok well... maybe it isn't a song. But that's not important! What matters is that it's taking forever!

"BITCH TIME FOR SCHOOL, BITCH TIME FOR SCHOOL." My phone rang out, interrupting my angered thoughts only causing them to heighten.

God... Why did I ever let Jared make his voice my alarm? It was like torture! How could one get their voice that loud?!

Which means I'll be uncomfortable all day!
But that really isn't such a change,
If I'm not feelin' weird or super strange,
My life would be in utter disarray,
'Cos freekin' out is my ok,
Good morning, time to start the day!

A soft knock came at my door. "Evan, sweetheart." His mom called. "You have to leave. Are you ready?"

"Yes!" I said back, gathering my bag.

I swallowed pill by pill on my way out the door, water bottle in hand. I couldn't forget my medication another day or my Mom would start to notice.

C-c-c'mon, c-c-c'mon,
Go, go!
C-c-c'mon, c-c-c'mon,
Go, go!

I headed out and started walking to the bus stop. It was in the same direction as school, then it hit me. Literally.

A paperball was thrown at me and I fumbled to catch it.

Hi loser,

Hope you like water balloons.

NO NO NO NO NO. Not today. I can't do this today! I look up to find the one and only Jake Dillinger throwing and catching a full water balloon in the palm of his hand.

Now, should I take a bus or walk instead?
I feel my stomach fillin' up with dread,
When I get nervous my whole face goes red,
Dude, weigh the options calmly and be still.
A junior on the bus is killer weak,
But if I walk, when I arrive I'm gonna straight up reek,
And my boxers will be bunchy and my pits will leak.
Ugh God, I wish I had the skill,
To just be fine and cool and chill!

Taking the bus was a definite no and walking. That's a no either for obvious reasons. 1) I didn't particularly feel like being the embodiment of a dumpster and 2) I'd be late. Ugh god, why couldn't this be easy?!

I don't wanna be a hero,
Just wanna stay in the line.
I'll never be your Rob Deniro,
For me, Joe Pesci is fine.
And so, I follow my own rules,
And I use them as my tools,
To stay alive,
I don't wanna be special, no, no,
I just wanna survive!

I had decided that I'd take the lesser of two evils... the bus. Turns out Jake was bluffing about the water balloons. He only had one. At least that went well.

I still felt like the world was just throwing a 'fuck you' in my face. It was completely turned against me.

C-c-c'mon, c-c-c'mon,
Go, go!
C-c-c'mon, c-c-c'mon,
Go, go!

RICH:
Yo, don't touch me, tall ass!

JEREMY:
Oh, sorry, I was just trynna get to my-

RICH:
Jakey D! Yo, what's the story with Madeline?

JAKE:
Oh man, I shouldn't say...but it's a good thing I rock at pool.

The swagger in my step was nonexistent as I made my way inside the hellhole known as school. People were telling gossip as usual and I was left out of it.

My only friend Jared walked up to me. Oh god no, I thought helplessly as he opened his mouth.

"Don't look now, but Zoe Murphy is signing up-"

"For the play!" I blurted out looking behind me.

The Zoe Murphy. Perfect in every way. Maybe today I'll gain the courage to ask her out.

Zoeeeeeeeeeeeee.