Chapter 13: Kidnapped

Time Skip
Gajeel's POV:
Once Shrimp and I got to the outpost we met with the guy in charge of the manhunt for the serial killer. "Thank you for coming. I'm glad to hear that you two were unharmed in that shooting at the inn from the serial killer." he said, "Thank you, but how did he even know that we were wizards hired by you anyway?" asked Shrimp, "I'm afraid I don't know ma'am. There have been break-ins at our intel division lately and my guess is that the serial killer is the one behind that and he must have gotten ahold of the papers that should have been redacted and sealed away." said the guy, "Tsk, sounds like there's a leak in your division." I scolded. "Gajeel, I'm sorry about that." said Shrimp, "Don't worry about it, I've had suspicions that there was a leak in my division but I didn't want to say anything in case the leak is working for the serial killer." he said as he handed us a paper with a list of names, "I've narrowed it down to these three cadets who have been under surveillance by my most trustworthy lieutenant, Maxwell." he said. Once the meeting was over Shrimp and I went back to the inn to find any clue as too who this serial killer might be. On the way to the inn, I caught the scent of lemon and bleach and I looked around but I couldn't find the source of the scent. Mostly because there was fruit stands the were selling lemons and other stands that sold cleaning supplies so it was hard to pinpoint the exact scent I caught. "Gajeel, what's wrong?" asked Shrimp, "I can't pinpoint the asshole's scent. There are too many of the same scents in the air. Both the lemon stands and that cleaning supplies stand are making it difficult for me to find the guy." I said.

Levy's POV:
"Well, we're almost back at the inn. So, let's just get back there and start looking for clues. Alright." I said, "Sure, Shrimp." said Gajeel and we continued on our way to the inn. Once we got back to the inn both Gajeel and I took different parts of the inn to search for clues. While searching I asked the staff about anyone who seemed a bit odd, unfortunately, that only got me to the point that they were talking about Gajeel and about how much meat he eats. "Maybe I can help you out. I saw this guy just before everything happened and he wore a black ski mask so I didn't see his face." said a guest as he walked over to me. "Did you happen to see which way he ran by any chance?" I asked, "Yeah, he ran down the hall here and turned left. After that I'm not really sure." he said. "Thanks for the information." I said as I went over to the end of the hall and turned left and continued walking when I heard something behind me, but when I turned around there wasn't anyone or anything there. "Hello? Is someone there?" I asked, but there was no reply, then something struck the back of my head and I fell to the ground hard my vision getting hazy and everything going dark. And blood started to trail down my face as well, "Well, that's one down. And you are by far the most beautiful women that I've laid eyes on. No matter, not like it will save you from what I have planned." said the guy with a black ski mask on and then I blacked out.

Gajeel's POV:

I was searching through one of the hallways when I suddenly caught the smell of blood in the air, but I knew this scent, it was Shrimp's blood. I ran towards where the scent was coming from only to find an empty hallway with some of Shrimp's blood on the floor and on the weapon that had to have been the cause of Shrimp getting hurt. "No, he took her." I said to myself as worry filled my entire being and I felt the anger inside me grow uncontrollably and I knew that if I don't calm down that I would end up killing innocent people. "Sir, is something wrong?" asked a staff member as he walked over, "Is there any place in this town where people don't go into at all? Someplace isolated and well hidden from plain view?" I asked, "Well, there's the old shrine on top of Mt. Hishaku. But nobody ever goes there." he said. That's when everything started to click, the serial killer's base of operations is in that old shrine and now he took Levy, my mate. "Call the military and tell them about that place. And tell them that I went there to investigate." I said, and I gave the guy my name and he went to call the military. What I told the guy was true, but what I didn't tell him was that I was going there to save Levy and kill the asshole who hurt her and took her from me. I ran out of the inn and started running towards Mt. Hishaku which was surrounded by a forest and I had a plan to use the area to my advantage once I save Shrimp and change into my wolf form. I entered the forest at blinding speed and changed into my werewolf form, I left a trail of clawed up trees so that the military could follow it but I had to lead it towards a part of Mt. Hishaku so they wouldn't get in my way. "I'm coming Levy. I'll save you. I promise." I said to myself as I continued running towards the old shrine.

Levy's POV:

When I came to, my head throbbed from the pain it was in and dried blood caked the side of my face from the wound that caused me to be knocked out cold. I looked around at my surroundings and noticed that there wasn't much light in the room and I noticed that my arms and legs were tied outwards and keeping me restrained to the wall that had a rune on it that seemed to be nullifying my magic. "So, you've finally woken up. That's good, now you will just have to wait until the time is right for what I have planned for you. But that doesn't mean I can't have some fun with you until then." said the same guy who knocked me out, I tried to say something but I realized that my mouth was taped shut and I watched as the man came into full view and he held a knife in his hand and I started to freak out about what he had in store for me. I tried to break the restraints but to no avail. "You're wasting your energy. Those ropes are enchanted so they can't be broken by the person who's trapped in them." he said and then he placed the knife on my cheek and pushed, then it broke the skin and blood started trailing down my cheek, I had tears in my eyes and then the guy slit my forearm, not enough to the point of me bleeding out but just enough so that I was in constant pain. As he continued cutting me more of my blood trailed down me and I was screaming a muffled scream from all the pain while tears flowed down my face burning the cuts that were still bleeding. 'Gajeel, please, find me soon.' I thought to myself as I started to black out again from the pain.