Chapter 12: On a job request with Gajeel

The next morning
Gajeel's POV:
When I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off I groaned and hit the dismiss button and yawned, I saw my mate was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up so I laid my arms on her and pulled her close to me and I took in her sweet scent that always drove my inner wolf wild. 'God Shrimp smells so good.' I thought to myself and I closed my eyes again and I felt Shrimp wiggle a little in my embrace as she tried to get out of my arms but I pretended that I was still asleep and kept her close to my chest. "Gajeel, I know you can feel me squirming. Please, let me go so I can use the bathroom." said Shrimp as she kept squirming then I released my arms from her and she went into the bathroom. I yawned again and as I was getting up for some reason my legs gave out from under me and I fell on to the floor with a hard thump, "What the hell?" I asked myself as I tried to get up again only to fall back down again, "Looks like someone is having trouble getting up." said Shrimp as she walked over to me, "Yeah, and I can't seem to stay up." I said as I struggled to move my legs and that's when I saw the runes on them, "Shrimp, why are there runes on my legs?" I asked, "Oh, maybe that's because I put them on your legs last night while you were asleep. And I can't believe you fell for it." she said laughing as she said that last part and I had to admit it was pretty funny. "Okay, that was pretty good. Now can you please remove the runes from my legs?" I asked, "Sure thing." said Shrimp as she grabbed her magic pen from her bag and erased the magic runes from my legs, "Much better, now I can do this." I said as I attacked Shrimp with a kiss and she was surprised at first but then melted into it and kissed me back. When we broke away we laid our heads together and smiled, "You are a really great boyfriend Gajeel." said Shrimp as she helped me up, "And you are a really great girlfriend Shrimp." I said.

Time Skip
At the Guild Hall
Levy's POV:
While Gajeel was fighting with Natsu about something Lucy and I talked about the recent reports about a guy who has been killing people for no reason. "And the worse part is that this guy doesn't even leave behind a trace on the victims." said Lucy as she ate her strawberry cupcake, "Man, I hope the military finds the guy soon." I said, but then again my boyfriend Gajeel would do a much better job at making sure this serial killer won't kill ever again. "Levy, what are you thinking about?" Lucy asked me, "Um, just that I hope nothing bad happens to any of our friends." I said as much as it was true I didn't tell her what I was really thinking at all, then Mirajane rushed over to the job request board and placed a new flyer on it so I went to see what it was. When I got to the request board I saw the flyer and it said...

Once I finished reading the request I knew that it would be perfect for Gajeel and it will also keep his bloodlust in check, so technically we would be killing two birds with one stone

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Once I finished reading the request I knew that it would be perfect for Gajeel and it will also keep his bloodlust in check, so technically we would be killing two birds with one stone. It's a win-win situation. "Hey, Gajeel come over here real quick." I called to Gajeel as he was done fighting with Natsu, "What's up Shrimp?" he asked me, "Take a look at this request from the military." I said as I pointed it out to him, "Military in need of assistance in capturing the serial killer. Wanted dead or alive. Alive if possible, but dead would be much better. A reward of 60... A reward of 60,000 jewels." said Gajeel as he finished reading the flyer and I could tell he was struggling with the whole thing because of the way his eyes tried to go over each line. "Gajeel is there something you didn't tell me about yourself?" I asked, he sighed and nodded his head, "I don't really know how to read very well." he said, "You can't read well. Why didn't you tell me, I can help you get better at it." I said, "Y-your not going to laugh at me?" he asked, "Why would I laugh at you? If you can't read well then I would gladly help you learn how to read better. Anyway, what do you think of the request it seems perfect for you. And they said they would prefer the guy dead so it's a win-win situation for both you and the military." I said hinting about his bloodlust that he told me about. "Yeah, and it will keep me in control for another few months since this guy has already killed so many people already." said Gajeel. And with that, he grabbed the flyer and went over to the master to get the paperwork that will let the Military know that Gajeel was going to help them. "Very well, and you have a choice to take along a companion for the mission." said master Makarov as he drunk his mug of beer and I knew that Gajeel would want to take me on the job with him. "Well Shrimp we better get packing." he said, "You're never going to stop calling me that are you?" I asked, "Nope, it suits you." he said, "Again, I'm naturally tall for a person like myself." I said in a huff and I guess I must have said it a little too loud because Lucy came over and asked me about why I've been spending so much time with Gajeel lately. "She loooves him." said a talking blue cat who was sitting on a chair eating a fish, "Sh-shut up Happy." I said with a full red face.