"Can't you see? We are at work."

"No, I thought we were in a park." She rolled her eyes. "I mean, why aren't you at home, sleeping?"

"Who goes to sleep early in the morning?"

"I do. Everyone who is deprived of sleep is allowed to sleep anytime "

Atharva scoffed. "I'd rather not waste my time."

"But you would want to affect your health?"

"Aahana," Atharva groaned, "you're ruining my mood."

"I- I care for you Atharva," she muttered under her breath and plopped down on the chair across from him.

"I know." His voice softened. "I'm absolutely fine. In fact, I have never been better. Anyway, we have a flight to catch in the afternoon."

Aahana's ears perked up. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere you wanted to go last time, but I didn't take you with me."

"Bangalore?" she asked with a tentative smile, not wanting to get her hopes up. When he nodded, her smile widened until she was grinning from ear to ear. Atharva didn't want to miss out on this reaction. "That's amazing! Are we going to stay there?"

"Sure. We can stay for a day or two after the mall's inauguration at 7:00 tonight."

"Wow, okay. Can I take the day off? I want to sleep a little longer."

"Again?" He looked at her incredulously. "You slept for 3 hours."

"So?" Aahana frowned. "That's not enough. I also have to pack, get ready, and whatnot."

"Fine. You are free to leave."

"Aren't you coming?"

"Later. I have some work to finish."

"Oh, alright." She got out of the chair and walked up to his side. Planting a kiss on his cheek, she whispered, "I'll see you then, bye."

Atharva was tongue-tied. He couldn't utter a word, not until she was out of the room. He touched his cheek with a giddy smile and whispered a soft "bye" to no one.

Okay, she was definitely changing him.

When he reached home, he expected Aahana to be getting ready but madam was watching TV and eating pizza.

Atharva's eyebrows shot up in surprise. He took off his blazer and loosened his tie before taking a place beside her. "So what's up?"

"Oh, hey!" She turned to look at him. "Nothing much. The usual romantic movie."

"Hmm." He took a bite of the pizza and nodded. "Well, what are you wearing tonight?"

"I don't know," she said in a distressed tone.

He took the napkin and wiped the corners of his mouth. "I, uh, bought something for you." Handing the box he'd picked up on his way back, he excused himself to hide his flaming face. He hadn't thought of it at all but when he was driving back, his eyes landed on a mannequin wearing the dress and he felt himself imagine Aahana in it. So he had to buy it for her.