"Powerful Words" PruMano

“Back off, bastard! I’m cooking, so get out of my way!” Lovino huffed as he lightly kicked his boyfriend Gilbert away from him. They lived together, and, typically, Lovino did the cooking. Although he told Gilbert that he was making food only for himself, Gilbert would just steal some of his food, since Gilbert was a shitty cook.

 The fact that he had to steal food annoyed Gilbert, so he often purposely annoyed Lovino while he was cooking. This time was no different.

 “Whaat? Am I not allowed to show affection to my dearest little Lovi?” He called in a mocking tone as he slid back to him, attempting to hug him from behind. Instead, however, he bumped into him roughly, and almost knocked over the bowl of wet ingredients that Lovino had separated.

 “Agh! You ruin everything, you stupid idiot!” Lovino yelled with a dramatic flail of his arms. “I almost spilled everything.” He crossed his arms and pouted, before shoo-ing Gilbert with a slight flick of his wrist. “Now get out of the kitchen!”

 Gilbert dragged his feet as he walked around to the other side of the kitchen, pretending to be heartbroken, before he began to listen in on what Lovino was mumbling. He was listing all of the dry ingredients that he needed to put in a separate bowl, and Gilbert was hit with an evil scheme to get back at him.

 It wasn’t anything big, but just enough to utterly piss Lovino off (That wasn’t very hard to do in the first place).

 He spotted the baking powder on the counter by the large container of flour, and he made his move. Slinking around like some kind of thief, he quietly made his way back to the other side of the counter, and across the kitchen, somehow not being spotted. Gilbert grabbed it and began looking for someplace to hide it. He noticed that Lovino was about to turn around, and if he caught Gilbert, it would all be over.

 Gilbert hurriedly opened the dishwasher and threw the small box inside before practically slamming it shut. Lovino turned around and raised a suspicious eyebrow. His green eyes scanned the room, searching for what was out of place. It was not a thorough check, however, because he didn't realize that the baking powder was missing from its usual spot.

 He huffed quietly and pushed past a very nervous Gilbert to grab the flour. He slid the large glass container over to where he had set up a bowl and began to scoop cupfuls of it into a bowl, counting the numbers under his breath. “Uno, due…” He pursed his lips and put the cup back into the flour harshly, sending a cloud of white into the air, where it twirled like smoke.

 He spun around unexpectedly, not even bothering to put the lid back on the flour. He walked over to where the flour was previously before pausing, a look of irritated perplexity crossing his tan face. He parted his lips, almost ready to ask a question, before shaking his head. He knew that Gilbert wouldn't be any help.

 Lovino began to throw open the cupboards, furiously sifting through all of the ingredients. Roughly five minutes passed, and he had checked everywhere, except, of course, the dishwasher (Why would the baking powder be in there?).

 “Looking for something Schatz?” Gilbert asked in an overly sweet tone, chuckling when Lovino shot him an angry glare that was as sharp as a knife.

 “Where did you put it, you potato bastard?” He growled.

 “What ever could you mean, my dearest?” Gilbert inquired purely with a bat of his eyelashes.

 Lovino sighed and ran a hand through his hair in frustration, leaning over the counter with an annoyed air. “It’s obvious that you hid it, Gil. Geez, you’re like a puppy who wants attention, purposely raising hell so that I will notice you.”