23| Date Plan Gone To Hell

Start from the beginning

The Edward I knew was friendly, supportive and cooperative with his friends and family but was fierce, narcissistic, diplomatic, conservative and intelligent in his way of dealing with office works and his employees.

I really loved and appreciated how he always segregated his personal and professional life so cleverly and that was the reason he always had time for Lara, his family and me.

Lawfully I was his supposed wife and so his mother continuously nagged me about being a wailing wife who couldn't survive a day without her husband's touch.

Even if I were his real wife, I would never have allowed him to ditch his work only to spend time with me or whatever because I knew we both worked a lot in his company's development and letting it fall apart due to our animalistic desires would not be such a credible reason whatsoever!

I found Edward waiting for me, his hair all ruffled up due to a slightly strong breeze. He extended his arms forward and pulled me to his side.

"Tell me you didn't wet your shorts and we can continue strolling this park!" he said it so nonchalantly for a second I thought he still thought of me as a five-year girl who couldn't control her raging bladder!

And no! I never peed in my pants even when I was five years old!

"On the contrary, I am not wearing any shorts to wet them, in the first place!"

I smiled at him brightly and he froze in the place.

"You aren't?"

"Nope." I looked at my nails, blowing soft air over them. I was laughing hysterically in my mind though.

"Not even a piece of cloth?"

He was being dramatic now!

"No! Shorts and a piece of cloth don't go with this dress. Or that's what I am told!" I twirled once, to show him how comfortable I was in that particular piece of clothing.

He covered his mouth with his hand, shaking his head in despair and walked two steps away from me. His eyes were now focused on my bare thighs which were tingling from his hot stares and he bent a little maybe to peak when he raised almost immediately to look at me.

"Don't tell me you've been walking naked in your- all this time. Emi, there are men all around. How can you-"

"I am not naked. And I know you'll protect me."

"You're not naked? But you just said-"

I raised my hand.

"Edward, I am wearing underwear for your not so kind information."

I can't believe I was having my undergarment-related talks with him?!

I never knew such kind of talks even existed!

"But you-" I covered his mouth with the back of my hand.

"Let's go. I am hungry."

He nodded reluctantly, joining me in the walk outside the park.

Can I just say that the family I was born into was not luxurious or prestigious so I really felt bad about sitting in the enormous chair carved with beautiful designs with a table full of meal which I never even knew I wanted to taste before until that moment?

There were things which I had eaten before, I realised, but now they were modified into such delicacies I was surprised how they could melt so easily in my mouth. I was in pure bliss, swallowing the best the cook had to offer.