20| I Can Never Dress Like A Girl

[Edited on 4 June, 2019]

Emily's Pov:

I was preparing myself lunch, with Miranda helping me to do it since Edward didn't want me to get into another trouble again. I switched on the TV, changed the channels and settled on watching 'Big Bang Theory', my favourite show from my college days.

I was devouring my food which mainly consisted of carbs when my phone vibrated. I swiped it on call, not seeing the caller ID while still chewing my lunch.

"Where is Edward, dear?"

The voice was so slow and intimidating that I was about to scream when I took hold of my phone after wiping my hands and putting it over my ear. It was Mom. Edward's Mom.

Oh hell!

"Good afternoon mom. How are you? I heard you went to India for relaxing. You were always a fan of yoga! So how was your journey there? Did you make some new friends? How is dad? Is his diabetes still over control?" I blabbered, as usual, trying to hide my surprise.

"Honey, everything is fine. Yes my journey was great and I did make friends there and your dad is as fine as a flower. Now back to my question, where is Edward?"

"Mom, he went just hours ago to his meeting saying he wouldn't be free till evening."

"Oh yes? I am sure my eyes were working properly when I saw him in the mall, shopping with Lara!"

Say what?

That idiot! I told him not to wander around with her in public places!

"Oh mom, Edward must be with his secretary now! I am sure you have misunderstood. We are in good terms and he broke up with Lara a long time ago-"

"But dear, I am sure he was with her-"

"No way, Mom! In fact, today he is going to take me on a date to celebrate the success of that international deal which he had been wanting for so long. Mom, he loves me all day and night that even I am not able to keep track of time. I am very much happy so don't doubt his love again!"

That was not too much, right?

"Yes dear, if you say so but still-"

"No buts, Mom. I don't have much time to get ready for this special occasion. So bye and take care," I hung up quickly only to dial again, this time another number.

"What the hell, Edward?! I told you not to go anywhere in public with Lara!" I barked at him.

Seriously, I was working too hard to keep this fake marriage thing and here he was busy doing things his way!

"Whoa! Wait, what? Are you stalking me now? Like seriously-"

"Oh shut the fucking hell up and evacuate immediately with Lara from that freakish mall and go somewhere safe-"

"Wait, why-"

"Your Mom! She saw you shopping with Lara. Seriously, Edward once you get home, I'll make sure you'll be eating food with your legs for the rest of your life!" I yelled hanging up and throwing my cell on my sofa rather harshly.