9| Pretending To Love Him Was Not That Hard

I really had a bad day today but I am fine now!
I wrote this chapter days ago but it took me hours to update it!

[Edited on 28th May, 2019]

Emily's POV:

Man, we were about to get a huge fight today. Who should I cheer?

"For what did you want to apologize? Because I assure you I have a long list of scars still deprived of your apologies," Mia said, walking like a tiger on his hunt: slow and impatient. For a moment, I thought that she would spill her feelings right then and there.

"Mia, listen, I know I was a jerk-" Jake started.

"Oh. So now Mr Playboy realises it. That's good. Now I can die in peace," Mia said sarcastically, tears still evident in her eyes.

"Yes. I am a jerk and I will always be. I don't know why. You of all people know me best," Jake looked at her, guilt present in his eyes. He looked down at his shoes. "You are the only one who has known me for more than ten years, so you should understand-"

"Why should I be the only one understanding?" Mia cut him off. "Don't you have brains not to do that same thing again?" she asked, trying hard not to spill the tears threatening to escape her.

Man, isn't it getting dramatic?

Realising I had to intervene to avoid World War III, I started speaking, "Mia, just listen what Jake wants to-"

Jake cut off my words. "I know. I know everything bad about me and sometimes I kind feel-"

"So you feel also?" Mia said, her eyes boring holes into Jake's.

"Guys-" I started again.

"Oh for god's sake, let me complete one sentence properly. If you cut me off like that -" Jake yelled, clearly annoyed with the interruption.

Oh. Good. Now they are ignoring me.

"Why should I give you the chance to speak now when-"

"Okay...Don't give me the chance but still listen to what-" he yelled, taking one step towards Mia.

"Why should I listen? Who am I to listen to your shit? Go and tell it to Victoria!" Mia yelled, now poking his chest.

Oops, she shouldn't have said that.

Jake looked at her. "If I didn't know any better, I would think you were jealous or something," he said, smirking at her face, taking one more step towards her.

"Oh, you really are delusional. I thought they were just rumours of you being a maniac," Mia said with an evil gleam in her eyes.

"I am not some-"

"Oh yes you are, you pathetic excuse for a friend!" Mia said, taking one dangerous step, their foreheads now practically touching.

Ouch. That was low. And one bold move to get closer to your crush. Physically.

Jake was mad now. Oh boy. "How dare you-"

"Oh, I can do much more than that, mister," Mia said, her eyes shining with.

Oh, dear Merlin, that was so hot, only if they weren't fighting.

"Listen," I took another shot at it, "my dear friends if you could back up a little we can sort this out -"