18| His Friendship Is All I Have

[Edited on 3rd June, 2019]

Emily's Pov:

"Emi."

Holy bullshit! Edward heard me.

He saw me talking to a cake confessing my feelings for him! I pushed my face into dung mentally.

Okay, don't panic, Emily! This happens, it is life, it is love but... It's my fucking birthday as well, my inner voice shouted.

I looked at my right and left, planning a route of escape. Because I ain't no fairy tale princess who thinks that when her prince would hear of her secret feelings for him, he would confess romantically in front of her, kissing her and then they live happily ever after! That bullshit wasn't taking anyone anywhere.

I know very well where I am standing in my life right now and how much a person likes me or loves me because if that weren't the case, I would never have gotten myself in this fake marriage from the start.

That's why I really don't want to get rejected on my birthday and end up killing myself to tears. I shook my head violently to pry off such thoughts!

"Hey Eddie, how was Lar-"

"Lily, Are you fucking out of your mind? What were you thinking of before doing such a thing, huh?" Edward said, clearly angry, striding hastily towards me.

I scooted my chair subconsciously, not from fear but from open rejection. The thing which had been in front of me from start, I accepted it heartily, but when it will be forced upon me again, this time in words, I don't think I can do such thing as confronting it.

I know I am twenty-five, for bull's sake but my heart is not ready to bear rejection continuously for years.

I can watch him happy with her all time but I don't really have the guts to survive after being rejected officially.

"Edward, I was just eat-"

"Lily, don't do things like this again and again. It hurts me to see you hurt all the time, because of me!" he yelled, snatching my hand from the chair, taking it in his hand before opening my fists to run his calloused fingers along my wound.

I shivered both from pain and his touch, looking at him, bangs covering his eyes, his cheeks little red, maybe from drinking. Looking down, I found designer white table cloth soaked with my blood, my wound aching more now when he peeled the bandage slowly.

Eh, when did I start to bleed?

I was sitting on the chair, lost in my thoughts when Edward came, water in his hands. His tie was loose, and the front buttons were undone. He unbuttoned his sleeves, only to roll his shirt up to his arm, his hands taking mine once again before he started to treat my wound. I whimpered a little when he took hold of my other hand, placing it on my shoulder pressing it there firmly.

"Here, pinch my shoulder or grip it tightly when it pains too much," he muttered, still not looking at me.

"Are you mad at me?"

A gust of wind blew over my face.

No response.

"Did I do something wrong?"

One minute silence.

Still no response.

He was busy wiping my wound, being extra gentle with it. I smiled at his affection and ruffled his air earning a glare from him. At least he looked at me!