Chapter 22

Maggie's POV

"He just left you there alone?!" Aria exclaims

"Yes but when you say it that way it sounds like a big deal" I say

"I don't know maybe because IT IS" she says

"No it's not he said that we'll just go another time no big deal" I say while eating my cereal.

"Okay well I'm just gunna go change real quick before we leave" I say and go upstairs to change into a gray sweatshirt with light blue ripped jeans and put on my White vans.

"Alright let's go" I say and put my hair in a high ponytail.

We start walking to the dog park with tater tot.

We arrive and I take him off his leash and let him free for a while. I decide to call jack since I haven't heard from him since yesterday.

I call and it goes straight to voicemail, not tryna be a paranoid girlfriend or anything but what if he's cheating?

Ugh why am I even thinking that I know that jack is an amazing person and wouldn't do something like that, he loves me and I love him.

"You okay?" I hear aria say and I snap out of my thoughts

"Yeah just wondering why jack doesn't answer me and before you say anything no I'm that type of girlfriend" I say

"Maybe his phone died anything could have happend"

"True" I say and we continue playing with tater tot for an hour.

"Alright let's go" I say and I walk home with tater tot since aria had to leave early.

We start walking home until we finally arrive.

I pour extra water into tater tots bowl since he's probably really thirsty right now.

I head up into my room and see a note on top of a small box I've never seen on my bed along with a teddy bear.

I grab the note and open it, it said

Hey, I promise that one day I'll be around I'll keep you safe I'll keep you sound. Right now it's pretty crazy and I don't know how to stop or slow it down. By the time your reading this I'm probably already on an airplane to Los Angeles. I know there are some things we need to talk about, but I can't stay just let me hold you for a little longer now. Take a piece of my heart and make it all your own, so when we are apart you'll never be alone. When you miss me close your eyes, I may be far but never gone. When you fall asleep tonight just remember that we lay under the same stars.
Remember I love you no matter what may happen,
                    ~jack

I instantly start tearing up, how can jack do this to me? He left me.

I open the box and see a necklace with the coordinates of the first place we met, outside the cafe.

I couldn't help but cry tears were now rushing down my face. I put the necklace on and hold on to it. How could he do this to me?

Was I not good enough for him? Why would he leave me like this, with only a note? I can't stop crying, it's as if the tears are endlessly coming out.

By now my eyes were all red and puffy and my shirt was covered in tears.

I just can't believe my last goodbye to him was yesterday at the movies. Why would he do this to me? Why like this?