Chapter 9

Maggie's POV

I wake up, shower and change into an outfit. I change into a white off the shoulder top with roses printed on it. And some light blue jeans.

I brush my hair and put on my white slip on vans.

I walk into Arias room to see if she's ready

"Aria I'm actually kinda scared to go back, you know what happened all my other years of high school" I say

"It's okay c'mon" she says and we head downstairs to get some food.

We grab out bags and start walking to school

"Also I heard what happened with jack yesterday, Sarah has changed him whether he wants to admit it or not. I'm sorry you have to watch him with some one else" she says with a sympathetic face

"I can't blame him for not liking me. I don't even like myself" I say

"Stop talking badly about yourself and get your mood up. Who knows? Maybe your junior year will be different. A good different" she says as we walk into the school halls.

Right away people start glaring at me, why? Well that's because of something that happened my sophomore year.

"Aria they are all staring" I whisper yell to her

"Maybe they are looking at someone behind us?" She replies and we turn to check if any one was behind us, no one was behind us.

"Okay uh...let's go look for our lockers" Aria suggests and we first look for my locker.

When we arrive at my locker I immediately notice that it's covered in photos of me and my old boyfriend that passed away.

Even though no one knows he passed away except for aria, the rest of the school thinks he broke up with me. Which he didn't which is why everyone would bully me for it by putting up photos of me and him.

I could already feel the tears swelling up in my eyes just by looking at the photos of me and him.

But i knew I couldn't give the people the pleasure of seeing me cry. Even though I did cry myself to sleep almost every night for 3 months.

I just never understood and still don't understand why they keep bullying me for it for almost 3 years.

Yes, I still do miss my old boyfriend, but I knew he would want me to move on. To be happy again, even if it wasn't with him.

Me and my old boyfriend would always watch the sunset at the beach, only him and aria knew about how my mom was.

He was and still is really special to me and will always have a place in my heart. But I guess I had to move on, it's what he would want.

I take down the photos of me and him and open my locker

"Maggie I swear I'm gunna beat up who ever the fuck did this" she says

"It's okay aria"

"No maggie, this is not okay. In fact I'm gunna report this to the office right now" she says and starts walking but I drag her back

"No I don't wanna draw any more attention" I say and head to my first period class which sadly isn't with aria.

I take a seat in the back and a few moments later I see Sarah walk in?!

She walks up to me and says

"I saw what happened at the lockers. I'm really sorry someone did that to you" and walks to the front and takes a seat.

Ugh why do I feel like she did it? What am I thinking she's so nice. Which is why she would do it? I sound like a detective.

The teacher walks in and explains the lesson.

I start taking notes when the same guy from the boardwalk with brown hair and green eyes sits next to me.

"I'm new here and I remembered you. Can I sit here?" He asks

"Well your already sitting down"

"Oh yeah" he says

"It's fine" I say laughing a bit.

The rest of the class consists of me taking notes.

___

It was finally lunch after what felt like 100 classes.

I don't really eat at school, because I try to avoid the people in line who say mean shit about me and my old boyfriend.

Your probably wondering his name aren't you? Well if your not, I wasn't planning on telling anyways.

I sit down outside on the bleachers with aria. It's always been me and her, the best friends. Well that was until jack came around, then it was me jack and aria.

But lately it's just felt like aria and me.

____

The rest of the day passes by quick, and me and aria start walking home.

I go into my room I guess you could call it. And open up a small little box with a ring in it with the Cassiopeia the constellation on it.

My old boyfriend gave me it. I haven't worn it since his passing. I slip on the ring on my ring finger and surprisingly it still fits perfectly fine.

I remember the first time he proposed to marry me one day, which is the same day he gave me the ring.

Why couldn't things stay how they were?