Suddenly Insecure

Y/N's P.O.V

Me and Shawn were walking down one of the streets in my home town and just enjoying each other's company when a group of fans ran up to us.

"Hi Shawn!" they said waving at him.

One of the girls looked me up and down and narrowed her eyes.

"Can we get a photo with you?" they asked.

"yeah of course!" he smiled at them.

"You can take it" the girl shoved the phone at you.

Taking it out of her hands I went and stood across from them. Telling them to smile I snapped a few photos and handed the phone back. Most of the girls smiled and thanked me for taking the photos and left.

The one girl had to stay and make me feel horrible. She waited until Shawn was a little ahead of us and talking with some other fans up ahead.

"I don't know why he picked you, I mean look what your wearing"

I looked down at my leggings and a hoodie.

"He could do so much better. I mean just look at me" she said flipping her long black hair over her shoulder.

Finally leaving me alone she laughed and walked away. Shawn came back over to me and grabbed my hand again.

"Sorry about that babe" he said kissing my knuckles.

"oh it's okay" I forced a smile.

"is it alright if we just head back to my place?" I asked. 

"yeah for sure, is everything alright?"

"not really" I whispered.

"what happened?" he asked concern clear in his eyes.

"the one girl with the long black hair said things to me while you were with other fans. She made me feel really insecure" I said fighting back tears.

"Please don't be insecure Y/N. I know it's easier said then done but I love you for who you are inside, what you look like on the outside is just a bonus" he smiled.

"thanks Shawn" I said.

"your welcome babe! Wanna go get ice cream?" he asked.

"sure!"

I really wanted to ask him why he picked to date me. But instantly stopped myself realizing it would probably start a fight and that didn't need to happen right now.