Next to me

Y/N's P.O.V

Sitting on the couch in the apartment me and Shawn shared I was just playing around on my phone, the tv playing some dumb show.

Shawn was suppose to be coming home today after being in L.A for the past few days. I was more than excited about it! Getting off the couch I went into the kitchen to find myself a snack. After grabbing some strawberries I went back to the couch, checking my phone I had a new message from one of my friends.

Have you seen this?

She had sent a photo.

Looking at the photo I knew that, that couldn't be L

Looking at the photo I knew that, that couldn't be L.A. It looked like it was here in Toronto. Slamming my phone face down onto the coffee table I just crossed my arms and angrily stared at the tv. Watching the rest of the show I heard the front door open.

"Hello lovey! I'm home"

Turning my head I looked at him and narrowed my eyes at Shawn.

"are you okay Y/N?" he asked.

"I dunno why don't you ask your new girlfriend?" I snapped.

"what..."

"HOW COULD YOU!" I yelled.

I was now losing my cool. How could he just play stupid like that, it was pissing me off.

"Y/N, stop yelling please I don't know what your talking about."

"this" I said opening my phone and showing him the photo.

I watched as his mouth opened but no words came out.

"well? Are you going to say something?" I asked.

"I can't say anything. I don't have an excuse. The photo is exactly what it looks like, I cheated on you" he said.

"god damn it Shawn. Does trust not mean anything to you?" I looked at him.

"It does but I had a weak moment. I couldn't be away from you anymore and she was there and I was stupid. I'm so sorry and I know it won't help no matter how many times I say i'm sorry"

"your right it won't. I'm going out."

Grabbing my car keys I left the house.

Shawn's P.O.V

After Y/N shut the door I broke down into tears. I'm such an idiot. Getting up I went into our bedroom and sat on the floor and just started writing random words down until I could fit them together.

"oh I always let you down you're shattered on the ground but still I find you there next to me. and oh stupid things I do I'm far from good, it's true but still I find you next to me." I sang.

Breaking down again I couldn't do it. I couldn't bear the thought of losing Y/N the love of my life. Hoping she would be back soon I just went to lie down on the bed, trying my best not to fall asleep I failed and passed out.

Y/N's P.O.V

After a few hours I had finally cooled down enough to have a civil conversation with Shawn. Walking into our apartment I opened the door and didn't see him anywhere in the main area. Walking down the hallway I found him passed out on our bed.

Quietly walking closer to Shawn I looked next to him and saw a note book. Opening it I saw he had written a song, reading it I couldn't help but cry a little. He really was sorry about doing this.

Setting the book on the bedside table I crawled on to the bed next to Shawn. Taking one of the blankets I threw it over us and snuggled into Shawn's back.

"Y/N?" he asked.

"yeah, it's me. I'm sorry about being upset earlier, I read your song and I forgive you."

"that's a relief I'll never do anything like that again to you. It hurts me to know I hurt the one thing I love."

"I love you so much Shawn"

"I love you to Y/N"

So thank-you for taking a chance on me
I know it isn't easy
But I hope to be worth it