Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Let me ask you folks something.  Have you ever had the impression that I was a good people person?  Ha!  It was still shocking as all hell that I had this job.  Because if you guys didn't realize it after all this time, my choice of free time isn't to go chat it up with friends and be openly nice to people.  I was defending myself or purposefully having fun joking around with people.  Teasing them, laughing... but in that, I wasn't much of the sentimental type when it came to strangers. Or sometimes people I knew even.

Strangers to me were an instant bully in my past and it was hard to try to reverse that view of people.  And even still, beyond being cautious with people in general, I haven't changed in the... happy and upbeat department if you get what I mean.  And ladies and genitals, it was a step in the concept of evolution when you realize the job I had now.

"Here is your bill.  I hope you enjoyed your food this evening.  Would you two," I nodded to the father figure of the group and what I assume was his little daughter across from him, "Like a refill on both of your beverages before you leave?" I asked in the most positive voice I could muster.  Like I had to every time I came into work.

Looking down at the family of four, with the mother being the head bitch, I can tell you all... me being nice was much harder tonight.  One reason being the mother of this family I was dealing with tonight.  Usually, it wasn't too bad and people would actually be decent and respect me.  For the most part.  But there were always those people that show decency is disappearing too. 

I get pissed off at people if they are rude to me for no reason.  You guys know that.  It's a little something called having self worth and not letting people walk all over it.  Unfortunately... letting people fuck your self worth is all over the job description of being a waitress.  I seriously can't say why I took this job besides the fact that my coworkers were nice as was my boss. It's the actual people you are dealing with that really show you the lack of humanity people possess.  Especially this bitch of a lady.  That's where trick number one of this job comes in.  To kill them with kindness. You can't get mad and blow up at them like I did my first couple of assholes I served. I quickly learned if they are pissed off, if you just be extra polite, it pisses them off even more because it makes them embarrassed and feel like a fool.  Which helped a ton for making me feel better.

The man looked up to me and offered a nice smile and nodded in response to my offer for refills.  His nice soft blue eyes were framed above by his dark blonde bangs, eyebrows raising when he glanced to his little daughter from across from him.  "Sweetie, you want one?"

"Yeah..." she said in a soft and sweet voice that called for, like usual, another grin.  I nodded to her when she met my eyes with hers.  Her father then glanced to me and nodded, indicating his own drink as well. 

"Okay then, I will be right back," I said in such a sickening polite voice... I hated hearing myself speak.  I just sounded so fake but I had worse jobs.  I'm not kidding either.  In the past years here, I was once a clown's assistant.  No joke.  A clowns assistant whenever the guy was booked for a birthday party.  Yeah.  I know, I can't tell you how shameful that was.  So in comparison, this is better by far.  Even when dealing with bitches like her.  I was just waiting for another insult from her, another complaint, rude remark. 

Standing at the head of their booth in my uniform, I leaned forward and took the little girls almost empty glass of chocolate milk as well as the man's glass of Miller Lite beer.  Thanks to the fact that my uniform is tighter than I would have found comfortable, many men found it quite preferable.  Like the man sitting across from his daughter I noticed.  Sicko couldn't keep his eyes from looking down to my breasts but at least he looked away fast enough when I leaned down and took their drinks.  A ton of guys, later in the evening more when the bar was open, wouldn't shut up when I would serve them food or even walk by.  It's not like I'm dressed like a slut either.