Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Waiting for someone to answer Jackson's knock, it took maybe a total of 20 seconds. In that time, it allowed us to pause in our rushed objective. Some of you might think that those seconds would have helped settle me down. Well, whoever think that are idiots. 20 seconds of waiting gave me 20 seconds to think everything over. It wasn't a good thing because my concerns, worries, and stressors multiplied to the point where it hurt my 'slutty' self.

I was in a building full of killers that dedicated their lives to locate me. Our future success counted on how this goes. Somehow, I needed to act cool and calm. It was extremely hard because I was already nervous from the moment we walked through the door of this screwed up establishment.

I didn't think my anxiety could have gotten worse than that but it did a few minutes ago. A man recognized us. It's what I have been worried about all night and it happened!  It happened despite my blonde hair and Jackson's plastered face.  What if that happens again? What if this Vic recognizes me? Unlike in the bar, it was brighter up here, which might have been what contributed in us being recognized. That only made my need to hide my face increase.

Even worse, what if someone goes into the men's room and sees the dead body and the girl? What if someone started looking for them? What if the girl woke up? What if she managed to break away from the fishnet I used to tie her hands and cover her mouth? A body weighing on her would not stop her for long!

With all that, imagine how fine fucking dandy I was feeling! Jesus Christ. All I wanted was out at this point and to do that effectively, it meant acting calm. That was going to be key and I had to pull it off just as well as Jackson. Then again, he didn't have a skirt squeezed around him and riding up his ass. Composing myself just in time, the door squeaked open.

Standing before us was a man as tall as me if not a little shorter. Facial hair carefully trimmed around his chin and under his nose made up for his distinctive height. Matching brown hair lying flat on his head and around his ears, the man appeared scruffy as well as professional. He had black slacks on, contrasting with his plain white dress shirt. It was hard to grasp that this man, Vic, was one of the higher ups who held contact with Reid. Who was put in charge by Reid to find me for him.

His dark brown eyes appeared mature when they fell on us, offering nothing but a blank gaze. He looked between us slowly, saying nothing yet. I can imagine that seeing my clothing choice gave him enough of a clue.

"Are you Vic?" Jackson asked after a few more silent seconds, needing to get this show on the road. I had to give Jackson credit once more for how calm he was acting. Facing Vic was daunting to me.  With the lighting and his presence, I felt like at any second, he was going to figure us out.

"Yes," he said. Expression not changing, he gestured for us to come in. As he shut the door behind us, I could feel his eyes on me. Whether that was a good thing for our cause or not, it made my body tense. This wasn't some guy at the bar. This was the guy, the one we were here for. The one who Reid put in charge to find me. The man who led his workers to follow and keep tabs on Luke. The one that could lead us back to Reid. And apparently, the one that also invested his riches in anything other than his work space.

Don't get me wrong; his office was very nice and spacey when I took it in. It was big, with a red couch and a glass coffee table along the far right wall. The floors were polished wood and looked new. He had file cabinets along the wall of the door we walked through too. What caught my interest the most though was his big cherry desk. It was the central piece of furniture in the room too, sitting in front of the back wall. And that back wall... was a big wall of glass, made up of about 12 windows. That was going to be our key out of here.