Chapter 6: Helping You Heal [Part 2]

Today's a new day.

Another day of fighting.

And it wasn't going to be easy.

But Jaiden knew she'd get through it.

As if on cue, Jaiden was quickly back to work, animating and recording audio. All throughout her recording sessions, you sat there, right beside her, holding her hand and just listening to her.

Every time she would stop recording to edit it a bit, you'd compliment her on how well she did on it, and how confident she sounded. She thanked you kindly for the compliments, and would always smile warmly at you.

You didn't care if she thought you were being weird, you wanted her to know how well she did on everything she does, and you didn't care if you annoyed her. You wanted her to actually believe it.

About half way through the process, she stopped and left the room to get a drink. When she came back, she was holding two water bottles. You smirked and raised an eyebrow at her. She looked at you and questioned why you were looking at her the way you were.

"Why do you have two?"

"Because talking for nearly six hours straight hurts my throat. Try it some time, you'll see why I need more than one."

You chuckled at her response and nodded, hugging her as she sat back down again. She smiled and hugged you back from the side. Once you let her go, she opened one of the bottles and chugged it down, nearly emptying the entire bottle within a matter of seconds.

Your eyes widened slightly afterwards in surprise. She opened the second one and only took a few sips out of it, then went back to recording the rest of the script.

She put her headphones back on. She was fixing to press start and speak, when her phone started buzzing like crazy out of no where. She glanced down at it puzzled and realized that every single notification was coming from YouTube.

She clicked the YouTube icon and went to her video, clicking on it and going down to the comments, scrolling through and reading.

"Oh my god....."

Jaiden's eyes were stinging slightly with tears. She smiled widely and laughed. She wiped away the tears that hadn't yet fallen from her eyes and continued scrolling through, her heartbeat getting quicker and quicker for every comment she read.

'Oh no! Jaiden you're so beautiful! Why would you believe that?'

'You are so beautiful!! 😍'

'How can someone be so beautiful and smart?'

'You're so amazing! I'm jealous!'

You peered over her shoulder and smiled as you read through them as well. The comments continued like that, every new one she read made her smile bigger and bigger. She threw her arms back into the air and fell backwards onto the chair, laughing.

"I can't believe this!"

You smiled at her reaction and sighed, glad she was finally happy. You were grateful that you weren't the only one trying to prove something to her.

She looked at you smiling ear to ear, taking her headphones off. She hugged you tightly and laughed again. You hugged her back and smiled.

"I really can't believe this is happening!"

You chuckled and hugged her a bit tighter.

"See Jaiden? You really are important."

Jaiden laughed happily and wiped away the tears that had fallen freely from her eyes. She looked back down at her phone and continued scrolling through, only seeing more and more supportive comments.

"But....why? Why do these people like me so much?"

"Well, because you're so amazing. You're amazing at everything you do. Whether you think so or not. I mean, you keep them entertained with both your comedy, and your beautiful animations."

Now you didn't know if it was because of the tears, but Jaiden's cheeks seemed to be rather bright, her smile growing wider and wider. She hugged you again, and you could feel her large smile against your shoulder.

After a few more minutes, Jaiden finally calmed down, and she began recording again. Afterwards, she decided to take a quick break, and by that, she was actually getting a snack. She came back into the room with an apple, and another water bottle. You giggled and watched her movements as she sat down again.

She took a few bites out of the apple before starting up on the animation. Of course, she was only writing down notes for what to add.

(I don't know how her schedule works for animating videos, so, I'm improvising. Also, this is actually after VidCon now, so she hasn't started collaborating with other animators.)

After writing everything down, she went to her bed and flopped down, sighing. You smirked at her, and she looked over at you.

"What?"

"Oh nothing. Just been a while since I've seen you do that."

"Do what?"

"Ya know. Flop dramatically onto your bed like that."

"It's because I usually don't get comments like that, and I also don't want to leave my room."

You laughed quietly and nodded. She sat up and patted the spot next to her.

"Come here."

"Uh, Okay."

You got up, only to sit back down next to Jaiden, who hugged you tightly as soon as you made contact with the bed. You sat there shocked for a moment before and hugging her back.

After a few minutes of chatting and laughing, you both lied down, embracing each other. Jaiden, who was still slightly tired, felt her eyelids grow heavy, and she yawned. You smiled at this, and relaxed once she rested her head on your chest. You rubbed her back before saying one last thing before you both dozed off.

"I love you Jaiden......."