Chapter 13: Missing You

It was several months after the date. You and Jaiden hadn't talked or seen each other since then. You were both too heartbroken and nervous to, in case the incident was brought up somehow. Of course, it was around the time that Jaiden had to leave for VidCon when she began to fall deeper into her depression. Not just because of the voice. But also because, without you, she felt so alone, and scared.

She was so scared to talk to you, to where she had to end up asking Adam to watch Ari while she was gone. He wasn't going to VidCon this year, so he said he would. She still had about a month until she had to leave, however, she had already packed her bag, which was then stored in the back of her closet.

It was a Tuesday morning, meaning Jaiden was working on her video. While that was happening, she somehow mustered the courage to message you. Even though she was dreading what had happened.

Jaiden: Hey [Y/N]. Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm sorry about what had happened a few months back, I honestly had no idea it would turn out that way. Anyways, I just wanted to know if you're still alive, haha...

Jaiden facepalmed after she hit send.

"Just wanted to know if you're still alive? Seriously? What is wrong with me?"

Jaiden sighed and waited for you to respond. But....nothing.

You hadn't even read her text.

After a while, she figured you might be busy, so she decided to put her phone down and just work on her animation. After a while, she felt her stomach growl. She sighed and got up, walking into her kitchen and to the fridge. She found the things she needed for a sandwich, and fixed it. She went back to her room to eat it at her desk.

She picked the sandwich up, and brought it to her mouth, but....she didn't bite it. She tried again, but a familiar voice stopped her from doing so.

'Hęłłø āgâįń, Jäįdęñ. Thåt wáš qüįtę áñ äçt bâçk àt thę ręśtáürāñt ÿøü püt øñ. Ÿøù kñøw ÿøū šhøüłdñ't bę ęātįńg.'

Jaiden frowned and tried to ignore the voice, but it was too strong this time. Eventually, after several minutes of listening to the voice, Jaiden sighed and went to her kitchen, where she threw her sandwich away and grabbed her pack of gum. When she pulled a stick out of the wrapper, she was stopped yet again.

'Ńø Jâįdęń. Ÿøû kñøw thę rúłęš ābøût çhęwįńg güm.'

Jaiden sighed and nodded, tearing the stick of gum in half. She placed one half into her mouth, and the other one back into the wrapper for later. When she returned to her room, in her chair, she found that her stomach was still growling.

"Maybe one bite won't hurt...."

'Ńø Jāįdęñ. Ÿøù çâñ't dø thåt.'

"But I—"

'Į'm øñłÿ døįńg whät'š bęśt før ÿøü. ŁĮŠTĘÑ TØ MĘ.'

Jaiden winced and sighed. She did her best to ignore the voice, and continued to work on the animation.

Your P.O.V

It had been several months ever since the incident happened on mine and Jaiden's date. Since James ruined the perfect moment.

Just today, Jaiden has messaged me asking if I'm still alive. Oh, she's so cute....but I just couldn't bring myself to respond. After all, this whole ordeal was all my fault, with a little bit of help from James. I didn't deserve to talk to her after I had messed up so bad in front of her. So....I didn't. I hadn't spoke to her since that day, and I won't speak to her again. Not unless she needs me to watch after Ari while she's at VidCon. But otherwise, I won't be speaking to her.

Anyways.

I had only woken up about two hours ago, which was around 4:30pm. I had stayed up much later last night than I usually do for some odd reason....I don't know what it was, but I just......couldn't fall asleep. When I finally did, it was nearly eight in the morning. So I was pretty exhausted. But I had a lot to do today, so I couldn't sleep in any longer. I had already missed my first job, and I'd be pretty late to my second job. After all, it my shift starts at 3:00pm, and ends at 6:30pm. I only had thirty minutes to get ready for my second job, so I'd have to hurry up.

I didn't have enough time to shower, so I put extra deodorant on instead. I made sure I wore decent clothes, and fixed my hair. As I sat in my car, I pulled my phone out and went to messages. As I found myself typing to Jaiden, something in me forced me to delete what I was saying. I don't know what it was, but it was strong. I'm afraid to find out what would happen if I hadn't had listened to it.

I cleared my mind, and focused on getting to work. When I arrived....

I froze at who I saw.