Chapter 9: Waiting On Day One

"I will confess to her. No matter what it takes."

Jaiden arose from her desk as she headed to her bed, where her phone was located. She picked it up, and gulped nervously as she went to your contact, messaging you.

Jaiden: Hey [Y/N].

[Y/N]: Oh! Hey Jaiden! How are you?

Jaiden: I'm good. How are you?

[Y/N]: Pretty good. Thanks for asking!

Jaiden: So, I have a question.

[Y/N]: Oh! Okay. What is it?

Jaiden took a deep breath before typing her response.

Jaiden: I was wondering if you're busy this Sunday?

[Y/N]: No, I don't think I am...why?

Jaiden: Because I wanted to know if you'd like to hang out at [f/p]?

[Y/N] took quite a while to respond, but when she did, Jaiden was able to take a breath of relief.

[Y/N]: Sure! I'd love to! Is it gonna be like...a date or something?

Jaiden blushed and covered her face with her hands. She was sure her face was steaming right now.

Jaiden: Uh, I suppose we could call it a date. If you're comfortable with it that is.

[Y/N]: Cool! It's a date then! What time?

Jaiden: Would 6:00pm work?

[Y/N]: Sure! I'll see you then! Bye Jaiden.

Jaiden: Bye [Y/N].

Jaiden screamed into her pillow as she put her phone down. Her speech was muffled due to the material covering the majority of her mouth.

"God, why is she so adorable?!"

Eventually, she sighed and cuddled the pillow tightly against her chest, her face red as a cherry tomato as she tried to calm down. Feeling her phone vibrate beside her, she picked it up.

[Y/N]: I can't wait until then. See you soon, my love. ❤️

Jaiden screamed into her pillow again and her shoulders rose up. She was sure that her entire upper body was red and heating up by now.

Finally regaining her composure, Jaiden sighed and powered her phone off, then went back to her desk. She picked up her stylus and put her glove back on, and tried to work.

However, she wasn't able to concentrate whatsoever on anything else but her date, which was only four days away. She eventually gave up on trying to focus, and got up. She grabbed her phone, and her wallet, and went to her car. Sitting down, she turned the key in ignition, and backed out of her driveway. She turned her radio on, and went to her favorite station.

Instantly, one of her favorite songs came on, and she began to sing along with it. When it had ended, she continued to drive around for about another hour or so. When she glanced at the clock, she figured it'd probably be best for her to go home. Seen as how it was nearly 11:30pm.

When she finally arrived home, she went straight to her desk, and she actually felt like her mind was cleared. For now. When she got about half way through the animation, she popped her back as she stood up, and flopped onto her bed. She looked over at her clock.

'3:49am'

"Oh, I should really get some sleep."

"Yes, you really should."