Chapter 14: VidCon

(Your P.O.V)

When I arrived to work, I walked in, and my jaw dropped at who I saw.

Jaiden.

She was standing awkwardly in the middle of the entrance as if she were expecting someone. She looked over, and her gaze landed on me. I gulped nervously. This isn't real. Why would she come to visit me at work??? She's never done that before! I give a small wave to her before she ran up to me. She stopped right in front of me, and given our height difference, I had to look down a bit to see her face to face.

"Um....hello Jaiden...."

"H-Hey....been a while, hasn't it?"

"Y-Yeah, um.....what're you doing here?"

"W-Well, I'm about to have to leave for VidCon in about two days, a-and I was coming here to ask if you'd like to take care of Ari while I'm gone.."

"But...I thought Adam was already taking care of him."

"Yeah, about that....he's actually going to VidCon this year, so he won't be able to..."

"Oh."

"Y-Yeah...."

Silence seems to engulf the two of us uncomfortably. She looks back up at me and gives an small smile.

"S-So.....will you take care of him for me?"

I blink a few times as I think about if I'm busy or not.

Unfortunately, Ari is my favorite doggo, so I can't refuse. No matter how awkward things are between Jaiden and I. I give a small nod, and she........hugs me. Something I hadn't gotten in a while.....

"Thanks. I'll find a way to repay you."

"No need. I'd like to see Ari again anyways. Just text me the days and times I need to go over and check on him."

"O-Okay."

I smile and pat Jaiden's shoulder as I walk past her.

"Well, I'll see you later Jaiden. I've got to get to work."

"O-Oh, right. Bye [Y/N]!"

I wave at her as I step in to the building, heading to my floor.

(Jaiden's P.O.V)

As I left [Y/N] 's work place, I found my heart racing fast. I wiped away the nervous sweat that had formed on my forehead. I mean, it's been a while since I've talked to her. She hadn't really changed, but I mean, it had only been about three months, so what was I really expecting?

Well, I'm not sure. But ever since we had stopped talking, my heart has been aching just to talk to her again. Even now, as I walk away from her, my heart feels weak. God, I already miss her. What is wrong with me? Am I actually in love? Or am I just that close to her? Both? Agh. I don't even know!

Whatever. I have to ignore my urges to see her when I go to VidCon. Maybe the fans will get my mind off of her. Yeah! Maybe that'll work!

I breathe as I make my way home, parking my car out by the curb. I ran inside, and grabbed my suitcase, which I put into the trunk. I had to leave tomorrow. I know I said I have two days, but the flight there lasts a while, then I have to get checked into my room, and then I have to unpack, and then o have to—agh. There's so much to do! But I breathe, because I know there'll be people I know there. And I adore each and every one of them.

My fans.

Yes,, as long as my fans were there, maybe I could relax and get my mind off of [Y/N]. Also, they're so incredible! Although, I do feel kind of guilty. They come so far just to see someone who doesn't even really matter. Me. But if they were willing to do so, then so was I.