I should be the one on that hospital bed. .

I sighed, noticing that I had some more spots on my face. Stress is what Val would say.

I got back to the infirmary not long after, feeling better yet guilty because of that. I was reaching the room when I saw doctors rushing into the room. I panicked and walked towards there quicker to see Vincenzo with his eyes closed, jolting and twitching in his bed. He seemed to be having some kind of attack.

"Mia!" Dante stopped me from going in as tears brimmed in my eyes. "No! Let me in! What's going on?"

He led me into the cafeteria, passing me a coffee as we sat. My legs wouldn't stop shaking.

"Dante, what's wrong with him?" I asked, scared. He gazed at me pitifully. "He's having a seizure." I whimpered. "He's going to be fine, Mia."

Tears fell down my face. "It's all my fault!" I cried, sadly. I felt so upset and angry with myself.

Dante shook his head, "no it's not. You didn't pull the trigger."

"The last words I said to him were 'I hate you' and 'you're dead to me'," I told him quietly, "I didn't tell him how I really felt. How much I loved him. ." I exhaled loudly, trying not to cry. "Love him. How much I love him. He's in a hospital bed, possibly going to die with those horrible words that I told him. I love him and I shouldn't of fought with him."

"Mia," Dante said, "you were angry and upset, I understand. He was angry too and you both said things that you didn't mean."

"I know! I shouldn't said those awful words!"

"He knows you didn't mean it, like you know that he didn't mean to hit you." I bit my lip as he spoke. "He will wake up and you out of all people should know that. You have to believe, Mia. You will get the chance to speak to him again. Don't doubt it," Dante kindly advised me, standing up and squeezing my shoulder before leaving the cafeteria, giving me space to ponder.

I decided to go to the chapel in the hospital to pray. I was on my knees in front of a large cross with a figure of Jesus on it.

"Dear Lord, please, if you're listening. I first of all want to apologise and ask your forgiveness for saying such sinful words to the love of my life," I said, sniffing as tears fell. "I'm sorry. So, so sorry. But I ask you to please help me. Please save Vincenzo, I know he's bad and doesn't always follow the rules. I know that he doesn't behave according to your word or control himself but he is your child. I love him and I know that there is goodness in his cold heart. I know he's a good man inside, so I beg you, please God, please save him. I can't -" I choked on a sob, wiping my sore eyes. "I can't bear to be without him. Please save him. In name of Jesus, amen."

I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, taking in the calm atmosphere and relaxing until I heard the sound of someone tripping over something. I paused before opening my eyes and turning to see Maria. I smiled, "hey."

She awkwardly walked over to me, helping me stand up. "Sorry for disturbing you," Maria sheepishly said. I shook my head, "it's okay. I know everything's going to be alright." Maria smiled, giving me a small hug, "damn right it is."

I was sitting beside him again, sipping my cup of water before placing it on a desk. He was stable now and seemed calm as he lay. I hadn't spoken to him. The doctor said that sometimes, in a coma, a patient could hear their visitors talking to them and react in some way.

His brothers had spoken to him but I was afraid to. I built up my courage and spoke. "Vincenzo? It's me, Mia. I need to know if you can hear me," I said, hopeful. "Can you try and squeeze my hand for me?" I asked, my hands clasped in his.

There was a moment where nothing happened. I sighed, about to pull my hand away when I noticed the veins in his arm popping out as though they were going to break out his skin. His face creased slightly before unexpectedly, I felt a gentle squeeze on my finger.

I smiled widely as he stopped and went back to being calm. He was there - he could hear me. "Thank you," I said, attempting not to cry happy tears. "I'm glad you can hear me."

"I want to say that I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Vince. I should of never of said those awful things to you. You are nothing like your father and never will be. I'm sorry." I felt another squeeze and I was smiling wider than ever now, my face beginning to hurt. "I'm so happy you can hear me." It made me feel loads more better that he was there.

"I know you're going to wake up. You are going to be alright, sweetheart, you just need to hold on, okay?" I said, my voice shaky, "you need to hold on and don't let go no matter what. Soon, I'm going to see those beautiful hazel eyes again and that charming smile of yours. Please don't give up. You will be fine. Don't let go, baby. There's so much I need to say to you. You can't die on me, Vince." I started crying again and felt another soft squeeze as though he was comforting me.

"I need you."

___

Vote - did you like this chapter?

Comment - Do you think Vincenzo wake up? How will he react if so? Will Mia forgive herself? Should they be together? What are your thoughts?

Share - Spread the word.

Follow - for more updates.

ENJOY!!!