Home Sweet Home

I missed Nick so much, but I was absolutely loving being in South America. I could totally move here one day, maybe after I retired. I was meeting so many amazing Lovatics & they inspired me to use them to make a lyric video for my next single, "Really Don't Care." I had a lot of fun shooting it. It was also where I got my idea for my actual video, as well.

I found out the day after I talked to Nick about my bikini picture, that my shows in Panama & Guatemala had to be cancelled, but I decided to not tell Nick & surprise him. Even if he found out about the cancellations, he didn't know I was flying back to L.A. for a few days before I headed to Mexico.

I took a photo of myself while I was being driven somewhere in Argentina. It was a very artistic photo & I captioned it, "You're my daydream. You know I've been thinking about you lately." Of course Nick called me a half hour after I posted it. "Hello, Sexy." I said in a quiet voice into my phone.

"You're killin me, Love." Nick almost sighed.

"Whatever do you mean?" I asked, innocently.

"The picture, Demi. And I really hope I'm the one you're thinking about."

"Mmm... not really. I was missing someone else." I smiled.

"Ouch. That hurt."

"I'm kidding, babe. I think about you all the time & you know it." I let out a laugh. "You liked the picture?"

"It was gorgeous. Like I want a big one of it hanging up in my house somewhere."

"Awww... I could make one for ya."

"That would be amazing." Nick said, then he sighed. "I can't wait to hold you in my arms."

I felt a lump in my throat, so I swallowed it to keep it from creating tears. "You're gonna make me cry, babe. I gotta go, though. I love you."

"Love you, too." Nick said before he disconnected.

Over the next five days, I kept busy & talked to Nick whenever I could. Nick was busy shooting his tv show & it was kicking his ass. Whenever I talked to him at night, I could hear the exhaustion in his voice. But I could also hear the excitement when he talked about the show & the new music he was working on for himself & other artists. He was working on the show & then sometimes would go into the studio after he was done on set. My man was a workaholic. But it was one of the things I loved most about him. He had a purpose & he was way too talented to be doing nothing.

I got back to L.A. on May 11, which was Mother's Day, so I headed straight to my mom's after I landed. I knew Nick was in the studio that evening, working on some tracks for either himself or one of the artists he was producing at the time. After I saw my mom, I headed to the studio to surprise Nick. I tiptoed to the studio I knew he was working in & I looked through the window in the door to see him sitting in a chair, with his feet up, arms clasped behind his head, staring absently at nothing. He was wearing a soft smile & I felt my heart flip flop in my chest. He looked to be deep in thought & I hated to interrupt him. I opened the door a crack as quietly as I could & heard music playing. It was our song & I smiled thinking he was thinking about me. I took a step out & closed the door, deciding I would call him real quick instead before I surprised him.

He answered on the 2nd ring as I watched him from the hallway. I could see his face in profile & the smile that took over his face made me warm. "Hello, my love." He said as he turned the volume on the song down a little.

"Hi, handsome. What are you doing?" I asked.

"I was listening to our song, actually. And missing you." I heard him sigh & saw him lean back in the chair & lean his head back to look at the ceiling.

"Aww. I miss you, too. Did you see your mom today?"

"No, she's in Texas visiting her mom."

"So did you do anything special?" I had a hard time not running into the room now.

"Not really. Hung out at home & did some stuff around the house, then came to the studio. I've been here for a few hours, so I'll leave soon. Maybe pick up some take out on my way home." He sighed again & I saw how sad he looked.

"You sound so sad. Why don't you go out with some friends?"

"It's Mother's day & a Sunday. I just wish I was with you right now."

"Close your eyes." I ordered.

He laughed. "Why?"

"I'm going to tell you what I'm wearing & I want you to picture it in your head, then it will be like I'm there with you." I watched Nick as he smiled, biting his lip. "Are your eyes closed?"

I saw Nick close his eyes, then his smile got softer. "Yea. Why don't we just Skype?" He chuckled.

"Because I can't at the moment, but we can later tonight. And maybe I won't be wearing any clothes." I said in a sexy voice. I had to stifle a laugh as I watched Nick adjust himself in his chair, looking very uncomfortable.

"You're killin me, babe." Nick groaned, leaning his head back, but still keeping his eyes closed.

"Okay, sorry. So anyway, I am wearing a pair of really tight jeans & black tank top. Can you picture me?"

"Mmm hmmm." Nick was moving his chair back & forth. "You're not wearing a jacket are ya? I love your arms, you know."

I let out a little laugh. "No, I took it off just for you."

"And you hair? Is it still brown?"

I laughed, trying not to be loud. "It is. I have it in a braid."

"Oh yea. I love your hair in a braid."

"And I'm wearing red lipstick & heels." I saw Nick smile a little bigger, knowing he loved red lipstick & heels, but usually nothing else. "Can you turn up our song a little so I can hear it?" Nick leaned forward, opening his eyes & turned the song up, then leaned back in the chair again, being sure to close his eyes again. He's such a good boy. Always doing what he's told. I opened the door, quietly, taking a few steps inside.

"Okay, now what are you gonna do to me since I'm picturing you right now in front of me?"

I stood right in front of Nick, his eyes were still closed & I bent down to lean over him. He sensed someone because he jumped & opened his eyes. They widened, almost as much as his smile as he grabbed me around the waist. "Surprise." I said as his lips met mine in a sweet kiss.

"I'm not dreaming am I?" He asked as I straddled his lap, his arms holding me around my middle.

I shook my head as I smiled at him, letting my fingers rub his bald head. "Did you get sexier while I was gone?"

"I tried not to." He smirked, making me laugh.

"Well, you didn't try hard enough." I kissed him hard. "And I kinda like the bald head, baby. It's kinda hot, not gonna lie. I mean I miss the hair to grab on to, but oh my God, this feels good to rub right now. Bald is sexy. I kinda can't wait to fuck you & grab onto your head & feel this stubble."

Nick laughed. "Then let's get out of here." He held me tight as he stood up from the chair.

"I'm starving & I know you need to eat."

"We'll pick something up on the way to my house." Nick smiled, his eyebrows raised in a cocky fashion as he took my hand in his. He kept his eyes on me as he pulled me toward the door. When we got to the door, he stopped & grabbed my face with his free hand. "I missed you so much." He brought his lips to mine, softly, his eyes locked on mine. I smiled in return, then we left. I couldn't wait to be in his arms later, completely naked.