#aprilyourenotfoolinganyone

I tried to forget the rumors that were circulating online, as much as I could, as I finished up my tour. My tour ended on an amazing high note, with lots of fun & pranks. Nick stayed until the end & I was so glad, since it wouldn't be long before we were spending weeks apart. While Nick was rehearsing for his tv show, I would be trying to relax between the craziness, before I started my South American leg of the tour. Then I would leave the country & Nick would start filming his tv show & who knows when I'd see him.

I came home from my tour on March 31 & I just wanted to chill out the next few days, not doing anything. Nick & I were bombarded at the airport, when we returned, by paparazzi & fans. Reporters were screaming nasty questions as our fans tried to get us to stop for photos. It was too crazy to stop, so I apologized online later to my fans that were disappointed because of the stupid pap vultures. I wished I could forget some of the nasty questions that were thrown at us, but I heard them in my head the rest of the night. "Do you feel bad, Demi for breaking up Nick & Olivia?" "Have you talked to Olivia?" How long were you two cheating on your significant others?" "Have you ever cheated before?" "Are you afraid Nick will cheat on you?" Nick, are you afraid Demi will cheat on you?" I couldn't help but to think about the questions as I relaxed with Nick later. Or tried to relax, anyway. It was difficult. Nick ended up spending the night, so we could spend the next day together.

We woke up on April Fool's day, after sleeping in a little. I wanted to play a prank on him & tried to think of something as I went into the restroom. I got an idea, but I didn't think he'd fall for it. When I came out of the bathroom, he was just waking up. I had a pretty convincing prop for my prank, but I still thought he'd see right through me. I had played this prank on Wilmer several years ago, so I still had the fake positive pregnancy test in my bathroom closet. I clenched it in my hand as I frowned on my way to the bed. Nick was rubbing his eyes, then looked up at me, a big smile on his face.

"Good morning, Gorgeous." Nick said as he stretched his body. I leaned on my bed, my hand, holding the fake test behind my back. Nick did a double take, when he looked at me after his stretch. "What's wrong?"

I closed my eyes, channeling my inner actress & took a deep breath. I held out my hand, the test on my open palm. Nick's eyes focused on the little stick, then they got wide. I closed my eyes again, so I wouldn't start laughing.

"Is that....?" He asked, his voice trailing off. I nodded. "Is it....?"

"It's positive." I said in a quiet voice, doing my best to keep a straight face. I'd never seen blood drain from someone's face until just now. Nick went completely pale & his expression was priceless. He didn't have anything to say. He wanted to say something, but he was at a loss for words. "Are you okay?" I asked, sitting on the bed. Nick shook his head, then fell back on the bed. "Nick? Do you know what the date is?" I asked, watching him, closely.

Nick's hands were on his head, pressing his palms into his forehead. He started shaking his head. "Wha... what?" He looked so confused, I couldn't contain my laughter, letting a slight giggle escape my lips. Nick glared at me, confusion in his expression, as he sat up to lean on his hand. "This is funny?"

"It's April first." I said with a huge smile on my face.

Nick blinked a few times, staring at me. "This was a joke?" He asked, incredulously. Nick fell back on the bed with a huff. "I can't believe you did that, Demi. I thought I was going to have a heart attack." He put his arm over his eyes & sighed, loudly.

I crawled to Nick & laid down beside him on my side. "I'm sorry. I was just having a little fun." I ran my finger down his chest to his happy trail. I jumped when Nick smacked my hand off his stomach & got out of bed, quickly. He stomped off to the bathroom, grabbing his boxers off the floor on his way. I flinched when he slammed the door. I had never seen Nick so angry before. I sat on the bed, waiting for him to emerge from the bathroom. It seemed to be forever before he came out, freshly showered. He didn't look at me. Instead, he grabbed clothes from his bag & started dressing. "You can't seriously be this mad?"