Is It Gonna Be A Problem?

Demi

I was so glad I got to see one of Nick's shows, even if I had to go incognito. He was amazing, as always & Jesus, he looked hot as hell. The little dancing number he did to 'Teacher' did things to my body that I wouldn't dare tell anyone about. I don't know what it was, seeing him look like a dork & not even caring or seeing the cocky smirk on his face like he just choreographed an award winning dance, but it made me tingle everywhere. I missed him so much & there was nothing I could do about it. I had made my choice & now I had to learn to live with it.

Nick looked nervous when I told him I needed to talk to him about our relationship. He looked hopeful, too, which made me feel bad. He probably thought I was going to tell him we should get back together, but that wasn't the case. Of course, a part of me still wanted to be with him, but I knew I had to stick to my original decision. It was for the best since my feelings for him changed so often & I couldn't trust them. One minute I was lusting after him, the next I felt love for him. It was confusing, too, since I knew I loved him as my friend, anyway. Did I love him in an intimate way? I couldn't tell most days. I ran my hand through my short hair & sighed. "I got asked to do the jingle ball tour & that means you & I will be together a lot. Is it gonna be a problem for you?"

Nick blinked a few times then cleared his throat. "That's great, Demi. I'm so glad they asked you & no it won't be a problem." He chuckled as he turned to zip up his bag. "Well... it won't be a problem as long as you don't post any more pictures like you did the other day."

I laughed, shaking my head. "What picture?"

"The one of you in like a dance studio sticking your ass out. That nearly killed me." He was avoiding looking at me, but his face was turning a little red.

I let out a nervous laugh. "Well, I can't help it I'm hot."

"Wow... your modesty is astounding." He laughed. "Anyway, I'm fine working with you. I'm getting over us."

I felt a tiny pang of hurt in my heart hearing Nick say he was getting over us. "Oh... well... good. They're gonna announce it in like a month, but if you were gonna have a problem I was going to tell Tom I couldn't do it. I mean it's your gig & I wouldn't want to take that away from you or make you uncomfortable."

"Thanks for thinking of me." He grinned at me & I had to look away. His smile. Ugh.

"Of course." I wanted to add that I was always thinking of him, but I didn't want to give him false hope. "Anyway, I thought maybe during one of the shows we could sing 'Avalanche' together."

"That would be awesome."

"I think so." I smiled. "Maybe one day we can share 'Afterglow' with the world." I winked at him & he looked down, turning red again.

"Maybe."

"I gotta go. The girls are waiting for me. It was good seeing you & I guess I'll see you soon on the jingle ball tour." I hugged Nick & he held me really tight for a moment, almost as if he didn't want to let go. To be honest, I could have stayed there in his arms for a while, I felt so safe & loved.

"Thanks for coming, Demi. It really means a lot." He said, quietly.

"You're welcome." I turned to head out of the room.

"Good luck with the rest of the tour." Nick said as I opened the door.

I turned around & grinned at him. "Thanks, but I don't need luck. It's gonna be amazing because I had the most talented tour designer in the business."

He blushed again & looked down, smiling. "I doubt that, but thanks for flattering me for a minute." He looked up & winked at me then I left. I was comforted a little, because it was finally starting to feel like it used to with Nick. That was the most important thing to me & that's why I knew I couldn't do anything to change that.