Chapter 21

It's been a few months now, and Anna and I are always getting closer friends. Jack's parents help us with The Jack Project, getting us an all-school assembly. The assembly went really well, and the website has over $1,000 donated so far. The goal is to help raise money for LGBT+ people who are rejected because of their sexuality, or even kicked out at a young age. The school feels alot less homophobic now to! Anna and I's soccer team is undefeated as well. Our trick was changing the player placement and strategy each game.

"Oh c'mon, Haley is chill AND one of Anna's besties!" Skylar whined, pushing me twords Anna's basketball line. "Erm how about no!" I spat, pushing Skylar away. "Oh hey guys! Haley huh? Well I do have her Snapchat, and she sorta knows me. Need me to do something that involves her or..?" James trotted over to us. "OH JAMES YES!!! I need you to talk to Haley and get her to convince Anna to ask Megan out!" Skylar grinned, giving James a huge hug. "Oh wow, that's an interesting request. Here goes nothing." James released himself from Skylar's monster hug and walked over to Haley. "Skylar I swear.. Anna looks so confused to! Do you not see that?!" I complained, pointing in Anna's direction. Once James stole Haley from the basketball line, Anna looked really confused. "Yeah, but it'll all be solved over a kiss on the forehead." Skylar replied with a smug grin on her face.

"Well thanks alot Skylar!" I rolled my eyes, my gaze back onto Anna. She was with her friend group (besdies my group) and she looked really panicked. I myself wanted to confess.. Maybe.. Okay no I didn't plan on it! "Look I bet she's dating Gabe and that's why she went right over to him." I said dejected, pointing to Gabe across the black-top. Anna had gone right over to him shortly after Haley had told Anna whatever she was told to tell her. "Oh calm down and go give her a smooch!" Skylar smirked. "Skylar I do not like this.." I sighed.

During band was even worse. The whole time my stomach was full of butterflies and bees having a war. I was scared to go to my locker or even see Anna for that matter. Luckily to calm my Anna attack we had a tornado drill. I get that's a serious thing but it calmed me down, and I at least could focus on the music and not Anna.

On my way to science, Anna walked by. We exchanged a short hello and parted ways.

Once I got into science, we did some clay activity for the rock cycle. I'll admit I liked doing it. And the story part of it was actually good for being written by a teacher. I had forgotten completely about Anna, but guess who makes a guest appearance in my science class?

Anna, that's who.

I didn't think she had my science teacher either! She walked in to get her IPad that she left charging. I saw her give her one friend, Carly, a weird look. She looked at me for a split second, then walked out whilst shutting the door behind her.

"GO MEGAN GO!" Skylar cheered as I entered my locker combination. "Skylar believe me I'm going as fast as I can!" I opened my locker, only to realize I needed to get into Anna's locker. "GOD DARN IT WRONG LOC--." I slammed my locker door shut and put the lock back on. I turned to face Skylar, but who was there?

If you guesses Anna you're right.

I hurried to get Anna's locker open to put my science book away. Once I did, Skylar and I booked it to the band room.

"I swear we have to ask James what Haley told her cause this is just weird and I wanna know if she actually likes me." I muttered, grabbed my saxophone. "Well, you never know. Maybe she secretly hates you.." Skylar said, patting my shoulder and closing my band locker for me. "Doesn't help that you're basically her sister..." Skylar muttered.

No words were said about anything that happened. My rule about this kinda stuff. If it isn't mentioned, don't mention it.

Anna and I went out to the forest. "Maybe we could swim in the lake, it is April after all." Anna suggested as I nodded my head in agreement.

Anna and I had splashing competitions, best trick competitions, and a bunch of other competitive things. "Hey, what if we brought like a ramp down here with the board and scooter?" I suggested, hopping out and sqeezing water out of my shirt. "Yeah, sounds like a plan." Anna got out as well and did the same.

While Anna did homework, I video chatted with Skylar.

"Please just ask James what he said.." I pleaded. "Would you relax?! It happens to the best of us Megan." Skylar complained. "But I wanna know!" I whined, getting my face close to the camera. "Okay one, ewww. Two, don't do that. Three, ask her yourself!" Skylar rolled her eyes as I backed away from the camera. "Well she's busy right now and you got James at your fingertips!"

Once Skylar gave in, she told me that James told Haley that she should try to get Anna and I to have a conversation together because I liked her. Once we got that info, we asked James to ask Haley what she told Anna. Haley told Anna that I liked her basically and that we should talk more.

Don't trust Haley is heavily noted. Or James, neither of 'em can be trusted.

Anna after finishing her homework went over to Haley's house. That's perfect.. They were having some sleepover stuff, so I was alone tonight. I (being the unpopular kiddo I am) wasn't invited. So I took my free time to advantage and texted Skylar.

Skylar:
Megan we just talked. Anna break the rejection to ya?

Megan:
NO! She's at Haley's right now. I was thinking Phantom Forces?

Skylar:
OH YEAH!! Voice?

Megan:
Oh yeah we speak for those As Vals! And yeah voice.

Skylar and I played about 2 hours of Phantom Forces before she had to go.

Now the speaking for the As Val. Well basically the other time we played, Skylar was looking for a better gun to use. She ran into the As Val and basically fell in love with it. Since I'd recently gotten a Honey Badger at the time, I used that until Skylar pressured me into using an As Val, which is better than I thought it was. You just needed attachments to make it good sorta like the Honey Badger.

Skylar and I also tried sniping and boy. The one map has a crane that you can climb onto. Skylar and I took snipers up there and got a few people. But when we were crouching, we got on top of each other and started floating up. Yeah. We didn't think it would be hacking since anyone can do it (we saw her teammates once doing it another round). And once we were floating, we tried sniping people but failed.. Most of the time we were sniped from below and our bodies fell to the ground.

After Phantom Forces I decided to head off to bed. The bed surely felt empty without Anna here that's for sure.

Once I got into a perfect sleeping position, my phone vibrated. Darn I always accidentally turn the vibrate on. Thinking it was some update or whatever, I didn't check it. But when it was constantly vibrating (and it drove me crazy), I decided to check it.

It was a million texts from Skylar.

And first word I saw was "Anna"