Chapter 9

"No, but I've heard of it." Anna replied. "Well, you got a computer right?" "Oh, yeah. Why?" "Thought I could teach you how to play." "Okay, let's set this up!" Anna cheered, grabbing her laptop and bringing it over to the couch, while I worked with her Xbox One.

The process was annoying. First, we couldn't get the download to work on her laptop, but then the Xbox wasn't loading in. After what felt like ages, we finally did it. It was harder than trying to friend somebody on Steam, believe me and Skylar tried, it was a living he**. "MEGAN THERE'S A PERSON!!!!!" Anna shouted. "Quiet, I'll be there in a second!" I spat, moving my character over to Anna's to kill the person for her and revive her. "Better?" I asked, giving her character bandages. "Yeah, alot better." She said, a bit worn out.

"AHHHH MEGAN I'M DYING BUT THERE ISN'T A PERSON HITTING ME AND EVERYTHING IS PURPLE AND I'M WITHERING AWAYYYYYYY!!!" Anna shouted, grabbing my shoulder and shaking me. "Calm down, just make a run for it." I said, pushing her hand off. I was bankrupt when it came to bandages in this game, Anna kept getting shot or losing to the Storm Circle. If you were out of the safe zone, the Storm Circle would close in and you had a very low chance of survival. I made it out of the Storm Circle once with Mia.

"Over here, there's a base." I said, turning my character to face it. "If we crouch there they wont see us--- ANNA WHAT DID I JUST SAY!?" I shouted. Anna was charging the base, I had no choice but to follow. "IT'S THE LAST PEOPLE NOW OR NEVER!" Anna cheered, firing her character's gun in every direction. After endless shots and smoke bombs from the other duo, we killed them. "OH YES WE WON, MY FIRST GAME TO!!!!" Anna cheered, throwing her arms across me from behind. Anna grabbed my arms, holding them up and swaying them side to side. "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONSSSSS MY FRIENDSSSSS!!" Anna cheered. I've never seen her so happy. Anna's mother stormed into the room, her arms crossed, glaring into our souls. "What are you both yelling about!?" She spat, turning off the Xbox and closing the lid on Anna's laptop. "Anna's mother, it was-" I was cut off by Anna. "Me, Mom, it was me yelling, Megan had nothing to do with it." Anna said, putting a hand on my shoulder and standing up. She gave me a slight smirk, facing her mother again. "Anna, outside, you can go yell all you want out there, no laptop for the rest of the day, got it?" Anna's mom scolded, taking the laptop off the couch, probably to go hide it.

"Anna, I didn't mean to get you grounded I-" I was once again cut off. "I was the one yelling Megan, you were telling me to shut up and I didn't listen.. C'mon, we've got stuff in the garage!" Anna said, bringing me to her garage. I didn't look around the first time I was here, but now I realize, she's got alot of stuff! I grabbed the scooter, Anna grabbed a skateboard. "I didn't know you skated.." I said, eyeing her board. Her board's deck was amazing, it was rainbow, but the color's were like dripping from the one side, while the rest was white. "Well, there's a park not far so, might as well try. I'm not as good as the kids at the park though for sure." She said.

It wasn't really a long time since I'd been to the park, but it felt like my first time. "Megan, you wanna borrow my helmet or..?" Anna asked, unhooking her helmet. "Nah, I don't wear gear or anything." I replied, dropping into the bowl while Anna sat on the bench watching. I tried to impress her while I was here, a few tail whips, some twists, flips here and there. Once I got out of the bowl, slightly exhausted, I took my seat next to Anna, motioning for her to go. Anna was pretty good as well, she surely didn't seem like a beginner to me. "What if we had a competition? Like you know how basketball does like 'P.I.G' we could do like, 'S.K.A.T.E' or something like that." Anna suggested, standing in front of me. "Yeah, sure!" I replied, getting up and walking over to the bowl's edge. "Ladies first.." I Anna said, nodding her head to the bowl. The game works like this, if you land the trick, or do it correctly, you don't get a letter, but if you fail, you get a letter, first to spell 'S.K.A.T.E' loses. I started easy, balancing on the side of the bowl, and making a 360 twist in, tail whip and landing on the other side. Yeah Anna had a skateboard, but she could find a way to do the tricks I'm sure. She actually did it, which surprised me. I mean, I didn't doubt her, but I just didn't think you could really tail whip on a skateboard.

The sun was close to setting. "It's 6:30(pm) Anna, you wanna head back?" I asked, putting my phone back in my pocket. "Yeah, let's go." Anna said, walking out the gates as I followed. In the end, the game was me losing. Not the results I wanted... Once we put out stuff back in her garage, her mom had dinner on the table for us. "Girls, I's sorry for yelling at you, everyone gets grumpy in the morning..." Anna's mom said, handing Anna her laptop. I hadn't had a dinner like this in forever, all family sitting down and enjoying a meal. Tomorrow was Monday though, and that's what scared me slightly. I got bad vibes about that Jacob guy.

The rest of the night, Anna's mom watched Anna and I play Fortnite, which she admitted she sorta liked, and wouldn't mind playing sometime. We played until we had to go to bed. I slept with Anna again, which wasn't that weird since I basically lived with her. I checked my phone before going to bed, lots of texts from guess who? Skylar. I scrolled through them, most of them just pleads for me to answer. One caught my eye. It read. "Megan, my dad told me the house is finished! I'm so HYPED to move!" That broke my heart. Not only is my bestie moving, but I'd forgotten she was moving. I slammed my phone down on the night stand, plugging it into a charger. "Mmm, Megan be quiet... Trying to sleep.." Anna mumbled, lightly punching my arm. I lied down facing Anna, whose back was facing me. I wrapped my arms around Anna, holding her close. I felt Anna ease into my grip, taking the blankets for herself. I saw through the dark room, a smirk on her face when she took them, she's the devil... Anna, stood up on the bed for a moment, wrapping herself in the blankets like a caccon. She flopped back down onto the bed, snuggling up with me again. Great, now I'll be cold forever...