Chapter 3

Megan's P.O.V

Our desicion was to get me to the nurse a.s.a.p, that's what we did. Anna was helping me to the nurse but I was still basically limping, since she was alot shorter than me.. Once we got there, the sign on the nurse's door read "CLOSED, NURSE IS ON BREAK!". "Shoot, well, I can help you around, we can meet in the bathrooms." Anna said, sounding slighty hopeful, but I wasn't. God knows how I'll be getting home, my parents don't think once about me, never. If I returned home, they'd see me as weakened from my ankle and take advantage of that. Well long story short my parents used ME to wash away worries, worse than alcohol. I don't mean abuse, I mean as in pleasure. I sat down and rested against the wall. "Anna, we're legit, wanted right now, with an injured soldier, what ARE we gonna do?" I asked as she sat down next to me. "Well, since 3rd period is almost over, there's no 4th period gym, we could go there once the bell rings." Anna said, looking to the clock slightly down the hall.

"C'mon, we're gonna get there okay?" Anna said, helping me up. The bell just rang and to get there in time we're gotta go sorta fast. Once we got there, it was empty, no teachers, nobody! "Here, I'll get stuff out, you sit down while we decide, and maybe there's something in here to help you." Anna said as she ran over to storage. The gym had 4 basketball hoops, one on each wall (including above the bleachers!). Anna was taking a while, so i got myself up and did what I always do when I'm bored, dance... sorta... When I get bored I tend to step around in circles, making a 'dance routine'. I was lucky to have my phone in my pocket, I always did. I turned up the volume all the way and started dancing. Normally I would use my music stand at home as a mic, but I didn't have that so.. I balled up my fist to make it look like I had a microphone. I tapped my foot to the song's beat, and started singing quietly at first, gradually getting louder. If Anna heard this, or anyone, I'd expect blackmail instantly.

"Feel like I'm staring at the sun but I feel no pain, got a feeling in my heart that I can't explain"

"These walls I've built they all fall down to you"

"And it's a rush like a river that runs through me, I get caught in your tide like I can't believe"

My moment didn't last long once I turned to the bleachers and opened my eyes. "I-I-I- An-Anna, heh er.. how much did you..?" I stuttered, turning off my music. Anna giggled slightly, I had that effect on people. "Alright Meghan Trainer, lets look at our options." Anna mocked, motioning to the pile of stuff she dragged out. "I say... Scooter Hockey!" I shouted, grabbing a 'scooter' and 'hockey stick' from the pile. Basically, it was a hunk of plastic on wheels, actually really dangerous. The stick, was a plastic rod jabbed into Styrofoam. Anna set up each goal, putting the ball in the center of the gym. We each got on the 'scooter', sitting in front of our goals, sticks in hand. "3... 2.....1!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted, racing to the ball in the center. I got it first, but swung it behind me, closer to the goal Anna was going for. I heard her say "Thank you!" Before shooting after the ball. She had the ball, for one second before I dove over, knocking the ball away from her. "Cheater.." She muttered before racing to the ball once again. Yeah I jumped off the 'scooter' but it wasn't cheating... I don't think.

In the end, the game was a tie. 0-0 that is, neither of us scored. I was constantly 'cheating' and Anna was whacking the ball in any direction possible. "Oh Megan, c'mere! There's a pair of crutches in here." Anna shouted across the gym. I ran over there, well, limp-ran over there. "Megan, the 7th graders get here any minute, what's next plan?" Anna asked, motioning to the clock. "Oh, shoot, er... Guess we could walk around, plus, just because I've always wanted crutches, doesn't mean I know how to use them." I replied, pushing the door open.

Anna and I went back up to E.L.A to get our stuff, luckily our teacher wasn't there. Since we packed lunches and were on the run, we ate lunch in the bathrooms and every class switch we would change our hiding place. We were not caught by anyone, and don't plan on it. Anna decided her mom could drive us both to school tomorrow so I slept at her place that night. I borrowed her PJ's (despite them being TINY) and slept in her guest room. I texted Skylar that I went home early and she bought it, and expected me to be at school tomorrow. Nobody knew about my parents and their doings and I liked it that way. Everyone had high expectations for me, including Skylar. Skylar says that if I were to get a boyfriend, I'd be bumped up to honors classes. I didn't want a boyfriend though, I had a person in mind already, a girl.