Chapter 16

"Go on Jack, spread the word man!" I smiled, pushing Jack close to Anna. We we're outside at recess right now and Anna was waiting in line for some basketball thing. I wasn't good a basketball so I hung out with Skylar and Jack.

We paced around the court area, trying to get Jack to tell Anna about Meanna (Anna+Megan ship name) "Fine! I will geez.." Jack gave in, walking over to Anna in line. I'll never know what Jack said but I know that he said something about me liking her, alot. My gaze focused in their conversation, saw Jack point to me, say something to Anna, and Anna's face platered with a disgusted and shocked and hatred all at once. "Skylar LETS GO!" I shouted, pushing Skylar to get her to start running.

"Amy, where were you 10 minutes ago?!" I flung my arms in the air, Amy just looked confused as always. "Just, explain what happened." Amy sighed. I could tell she knew something stupid happened. "Okay so basically Jack told Anna that I liked her." I said in the shortest story possible.

I'd avoided Anna for the rest of the day. I didn't meet up with her in the bathroom at the usual time. I didn't say hi in the halls. I refused to even make eye contact! I was not going to suffer a lecture from her about how being lesbian, gay, bisexual and all that is wrong.

Jack came with me to my locker, we booked it up there. We ran as fast as I've ever ran in school before and I'll never pack my things up that fast ever again. After that we raced to the band room just in case Anna saw us.

"Oh shoot.." I face palmed, the realization hitting me like a stone. "I ride home with her, even if practice is cancelled she's still my ride." I muttered into the palm of my hand. "Maybe you could take the bus?" Jack suggested. I knew that was his excuse to get me away from Anna. He's still not over our break-up.. "Jack I'm not stupid and refuse to fall for your tricks.." I lifted my face from my hand,  giving Jack an I'm not stupid look.

Turns out, I did take the bus, and sat with Jack to. We talked out a plan for Monday. The plan was that I would stay in one of the bathrooms while Jack goes by my locker to check for Anna. Once Anna leaves, he's to come back and tell me the coast is clear. I was scared of Anna now. The look that was on her face is vividly glued into my mind.

Once I got dropped off to my house, I decided I would not stay here. I refused to have more weight piled onto my shoulders.

"Hey Skylar, hey erm, I need a place to stay for a while.." I said into the phone. "Oh, no problemo! I've got a spare bedroom for you to stay in and I'm sure my parents won't mind." Skylar said with joy. "Great! Could you by any chance pick me up? I'm at my place and I've got clothes and everything." I smiled. I'd never stayed at Skylar's before. "Be there in about 5!" Skylar said, hanging up.

My phone was overloaded with texts from Anna on the drive to Skylar's place. Most being "you alright?" "Do you wanna talk?" "Did I do something wrong?" "Megan, to prove them wring we have to do this together!" And "was it what Jack said?" I told Skylar about the messages and all she said was to ignore them like I had done for my suicide pranks. Yeah suicide isn't normally a joke but I've got a few people with my joke, one being Skylar.

The bed Skylar had me stay in was nice, doesn't compare to Anna's bed though.. It felt empty without Anna by my side. I knew that asking Skylar to sleep with me is a stupid idea, she would most likely kick me out.

I'd tried cuddling with the pillows like I would Anna, but it didn't feel like it did with her.

The night wasn't the best. I woke up before everyone, so I had to be really quite. Skylar's house though, is covered in squeaking floor boards! Every step I took there was a loud but slow creeeeeek. I did manage to get myself breakfast, toast that is. Was I really going to waste my time on Cerrios? No. Didn't make it better that the toaster was loud either. She had nothing I liked! I wasn't going to make eggs for myself either (to much noise!). The TV she had didn't have any channels I liked, and her Netflix was covered with recommend anime, along with the ones she gossips about in the group chat. I didn't have my laptop with me, and I don't know Skylar's password to her's, so I was out if luck.

My phone was bombarded with messages from Anna still.

Once everyone was awake (at like 12pm), Skylar showed me her laptop. I remembered voice chatting with her when Skylar and her parents were discussing the new laptop concept. Her's was like mine, light up keys and a fancy mouse along with the touch screen that could be taken off into a tablet. Exactly the same..

Skylar's wasn't as eventful as Anna's place. Anna and I did stuff every day, wether it be skatepark, chilling and watching Netflix, or going out somewhere, we always did something.

I left a note to Skylar the next morning, along with a text. They both read

Hey Skylar!
So, I've decided to head out. One night here was enough and I don't want to be a burden. I plan on staying at Anna's place, if that fails then I'll come back here. My plan is to explain that I've liked her for a while and hope for the best. If she doesn't mention it, then it isn't mentioned.

Your bestie, Megan Soupton

I ran outside, all my school things with me from the drive to Skylar's. "Anna, could you pick me up by any chance? I know you're about waking up I'm pretty sure at least.. I'm at 1774 Bonnie drive." I left Anna a voicemail, hoping she'd be up sooner or later.

It didn't take long for Anna to call back. She said she'd be on her way.

Once I was back at Anna's, we played some Roblox for a while.

Once night rolled around, Anna's parents had gotten into bed, but Anna and I? Nah! Anna and I planned to go walk around the forest behind her house. Nighttime makes it even better.

"Never thought it was this big for sure.." Anna looked up above us, mostly bare branches covered a roof above our heads, it was September after all! "Oh, is that a.. Lake?" I shushed Anna, listening for the running water. Yeah it was a lake. I pulled Anna tword the sound, stopping at the lake's edge. "It's not huge, but looks deep.." Anna said, picking up a rock and throwing it down. The water wasn't clear, but I'm most definitely sure the rock went more then 3 feet. "Well what's stopping us?" I smiled, jumping right in. "Megan! You'll get poison ivy!" Anna sounded worried, but I laughed it off. "Anna there's no poison ivy in the water! Just get in!" I said, treading in the center of the lake. "Megan, I don't know... What if the whool Pooh was real?" Anna cowered away from the water. "Anna there ain't no such thing as a whool Pooh! That's just a story, now c'mon and get it!" I urged, swimming to hold onto the shore's edge. Anna shook her head, but I refused to take no for an answer. I reached out for Anna's leg, causing her to fall. Once she fell, I quickly got out to pick her up, holding her bridal side. "Megan Megan Megan! What are you doing?!" Anna panicked, grasping onto my wet shirt for dear life. Before she could object again, I tossed her twords the center. I followed her in. "See? Now wasn't that fun?" I smiled, but Anna swam to shore quickly. "Megan do you realize we have to get back home? And we can't shower and all?" Anna hualled herself our if the lake, squeezing her pigtails to dry them out.

Once we got home, we lied extra blankets over the mattress, we weren't getting the thing wet. It felt weird holding Anna close to me since she, along with myself, we're soaking wet.

Luckily nothing about the Jack Incident was mentioned and I preferred it to stay that way. I'll text Jack that the plan is off for the time being. Right now, I was cuddling with a wet (from the lake) Anna.