Chapter 14

I led Anna over to her bed, her small figure still in my embrace. I layed both if us down on the bed, pulling the covers over the two of us. I had no care that my jacket was soaked in Anna's tears, they were hers after all! Once she was done sobbing into my chest, she gave me a warm smile and burried her head back into my chest. Anna pulled me in tighter, and I held her close as well. "Megan, I'll be there for you as well, okay?" Anna said, her voice muffled slightly due to the fact her face was burried in my chest. I ran my hand through her one of her pigtails, bringing my hand back to it's spot on her back.

After a few minutes, soft snores filled the silence. Anna has fallen asleep, so I followed suite and did the same just without snoring (I think).

I woke up, rubbing my eyes. "Mmm Anna, you wanna head to the skatepark before school?" I grumbled, but no response. The realization hit me, Anna wasn't here. "Anna I swear don't pull this prank again.." I mumbled, agitated slightly. Oh I might as well mention, today is my birthday. Yup, and I never liked my birthday. Since my grandpa passed on my birthday and we both shared a birthday, I found the day cursed. I never really celebrated either, my parents would just say "Megan the best gift is family together, and why not make the day pleasureable!" We believe me, it was never pleasureable for me. I walked to the bedroom door, to see the words "Happy Birthday Megan!" Written on a banner that was taped to the door. I opened the door, god why did I tell her my birthday? I should've known she'd do something! I didn't take one step out before Anna jumped out from behind a corner, wearing a party hat. "Megan! Happy birthday! Now go lay back down, I'll bring you breakfast m'kay?" Anna cheered, pushing me down onto the bed and closing the door.

Once Anna got back, she brought a tray with orange juice, french toast, scrambled eggs, and a cimimin roll. "Anna, you didn't have to-" I was cut off by yours truly, you can assume who. "Megan, I wanted to!" Anna said, laying the tray on my lap and holding the orange juice so it didn't spill. I stared at the meal infront of me. There's no way I could accept this. I loved her yes but, it feels like to much.. "Anna I love this and all but.." I trailed off. "It's not normal for me to be, treated like this. With a huge party and breakfast in bed and.." Anna hushed me. "Megan, we have the day to ourselves! I thought it would be the best way to spend your birthday since you didn't celebrate." Anna smiled, handing me a fork from her hoodie pocket. "I talked to Skylar and Jack, they said you've never done anything before, so why not 6th grade be a new?" I grabbed the fork, looking at my reflection in it. My gaze drifted to Anna. "I'mma need another fork." Anna gave me a questioning look, so I gave her look a response. "Well sure as h*ll I ain't eating all this alone! Chiefs deserve to taste their dish after all." I smirked as Anna darted to the kitchen to get another fork.

I'll say, Anna is one good cook. I'd never tasted eggs like that before, and she apparently handmade the orange juice which tasted amazing! Everything she fixed us was great.

Once that was over, Anna lead me outside into the living room. The living room was decorated like no other. Streamers hung from the ceiling and the ceiling fan, the floor had a giant (what I think is handmade) disco floor, speakers filling the once empty room corners, and a few other Bluetooth speakers on the tables. "Anna, what in the name of Jesus have you done?!" I asked, shocked. "I'll take that as a 'I love this more than anything' question." Anna smirked, pulling out a wrapped box from behind the couch. "I would wait till later, but I can't.." Anna smiled, handing the box to me. I ripped it open (I'm sure Anna expected that) and to add to my shock, Anna had gotten me a laptop. This isn't your average Acer laptop, this one had the lights under the keys (which was a dream of mine to have a laptop like that) and the screen could come off and become a tablet kinda thing! "So I set everything on it up, and Doceri is already installed which I thought you'd like, and all the games we like to play are on there." Anna said, sitting us down on the couch. She also got me a wireless mouse to go with it. The mouse was black for the most part, with some blue and it looked expensive and high tech.