Chapter 7

I leaned against the door, listening to Anna. I woke up to go get Anna but heard her voice, she was obviously calling somebody. I could hear the other person to. "Oh please, it's not like we have anything." I heard Anna's voice say. "She's such a loser though, actually I don't know if it's a he or she.." I heard the other line say. I had an Idea of who they were talking about. "You actually left the note?" I heard the other line say. "Yeah, bet she saw it to, just hasn't told me about it." Anna replied. "I mean, the kid NEVER stops drawing, and is tall as a giraffe! Not to mention her body." Anna said, laughing slightly. "OH GIRL DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HER FATA** BODY!" The other line shouted, both of them cracking up. I rushed back into the guest room, grabbing a paper from my bag alongside a pencil.

Dear Anna,

For once, I thought somebody would care. You proved me wrong. You're definitely not what I expected. I'd assume the note you left was false. Yeah I know you did it, nobody else know's YOUR locker combo. Anna, I doubted my middle school life, especially since my main friends drifted off, I though, for one second, you were different, I see that I was wrong. I'll remove my crap from your locker, I don't want my 'fata** body' in your way.

-sincerely, Gender-less Loser

I left the note on the table, next to the breakfast I fixed her. She didn't deserve it, but I did it anyways. I walked to school, once getting there (somewhat late) taking all my stuff out of her locker. I asked one of the annoying kids, Hunter, to take my seat next to Anna, he gladly did so. I didn't plan on forgiving Anna.

I haven't talked to Anna for a couple days. I'd go to the practice rooms to eat lunch and practice alone, like I always did. I did make a new friend sorta, Mia. She was just like me, gamer, artist, all that! She was perfect, I sorta liked her. Mia was my way of getting over Anna, until.. Mia told me she was in a long distance relationship, so she was taken. Once her long distance ended, she found a guy named Zeek. I'll admit, Zeek and her are power couple. I was once again alone, Mia had chose Zeek over me.

I went to my locker after 8th period, to but my science book away. There was a note in my locker, yay? It was from Anna, and I really wasn't in the mood. I read it anyways.

Dear Megan,

I'm sorry for the note, I truly didn't want to offend you. I tried to tell them you were different, but they pressured me into it. As of this, lots of the school is against you... I promised that we would prove them wrong, we promised. Megan, if you would like, please meet me at your band locker, we can get a ride to my place and leave this behind us. Megan, I wanna fight by your side, I don't care what the others think.

-Sincere apologies, Anna

I ran to my band locker, hoping she would be there and, she was. Once she saw me, she ran up to me, embracing me in a hug. "C'mon, lets get your sax and you to my place.." She said, handing me my saxophone.

Once we got to her place, we dropped our stuff off and got right back into the car. "Anna, where are we going?" I asked her, she was in the passenger seat with her mom. "You'll see..." She said, I could tell she was smirking.

The first place we went was to the movies to watch "Wreck It Ralph", one of my all time favorite movies for SURE! Anna lied her head on my shoulder about half way through the movie, I didn't mind. Once that was done, we headed out to Golden Corral, since it was an all you can eat buffet, who doesn't like those!? Anna and I only had a few things from the main food part, but we basically took everything form the dessert section, from chocolate strawberries to bowls overflowing with ice cream and sprinkles. Once that was done, we went to a foresty area, walking through a forest under the stars. We happened to find a lake in the forest. Anna's mom said she could buy me more clothes, and she didn't mind the car wet, so Anna and I jumped in. The lake was really nice, and reflected the moon nicely, along with the stars. A waterfall was flowing into it as well, on some higher ledges. Anna and I had splash competitions and coolest trick, in the end we both tied. To wrap it all up, we went back to the car, sitting on top, arms around each other's shoulders, stargazing. I doubted Anna loved the stars like I did, I even had my own wishing star I called Elliot. If I wanted something, I'd wish on Elliot. I could tell which star Elliot was because his star always flickered, and was the brightest star you could see. I glanced over at Elliot, reciting a wish in my head. After reciting, I saw a shooting star, for the first time, EVER! Shooting stars mean wishes come true.

On the drive back, Anna had fallen asleep, her head resting in my lap, her phone constantly going off. Why'd we have phones? One word, MEMORIES! I carried Anna inside and lied her in her bed, myself laying down in the bed with her. Anna turned in her sleep, nuzzling into my side, curling up into a little ball. I pulled the covers over us, wrapping my arms around her. I nuzzled into her forehead, we were basically cuddling at this point, there, I said it, cuddling.

I couldn't remember when I fell asleep, just snuggling/cuddling with Anna. I'm sure her mom checked in at one point, I didn't mind. Before I fell asleep, above the quiet snores of Anna, I heard her mutter an "I love you." My response? "I love you too."