Chapter 2

Megan's P.O.V

Anna and I bolted down the hall. We could hear the teacher yelling at us and chasing behind. I did stay back though for Anna to catch up at times, she was only a bit taller than the lockers after all. We reached the end of the hall, our back's to the railing. "Megan, we're cornered!" Anna said in a worried tone. I peeked over the edge, glanced at the stairs, then to the rampaging teacher, who was getting closer. I lifted Anna up and put her on the handlebars that ran beside the stairway. "Go down, I'll meet you there." I said, giving her a push to ride down. She nodded her head to me before sliding down, leaving me one on one with the angry bull (aka the rampaging teacher). "Okay, I'd love to stay longer and chat, but I'd be late..." I said before climbing over the railing that seperated me from a deadly downward drop. The plan was easy, there was a banner hanging below the railing, I'd grab onto that and let it fall, gentaly bringing me down to Anna. That... Didn't work.. I had missed the jump, falling onto the ground below. "MEGAN!" Anna shouted, running over to me. I heard the teacher walking down the stairs. I had the strength to bring myself to my feet. "You to left, I go right, meet at the library." I told Anna, looking back to the teacher who was almost down the stairs. Without another word she went off and so did I.

Instead of running, I was stumbling down the hall. I wasn't in a running state believe me. I didn't dare look behind me, her loud shoes gave her away. "Oh you're BOTH getting detentions!" "Wait till the principal hears!" "You aren't getting away with this!" Were some of the many things that teacher shouted as I ran. I outran the teacher, who had stopped for a breath. I finally made it to the library, meeting Anna inside. "I assume she was chasing you?" She questioned, getting up from her spot. "Heh, yeah..." I replied, taking seat in the first chair I saw. "The place is empty." She took the seat next to me, taking my injured leg into her lap. "You alright?" She asked. "Oh yeah, I'm fiiiiiiii-" I was inturupted by myself, who took a deep inhale when she aqueezed my ankle. "You're what?" She said, looking up to me with a small smirk. "Ugh, maybe I'm hurt, but what does that matter? We've got a mad teacher on the loose, looking for us!" I said, glancing to the windows that surrounded the library. "Hey, you stay here, I'll find stuff to cover the windows, m'kay?" Anna asked, looking to me with worry. I gave her a nod, knowing that's the only answer to her question. I looked down to my ankle. "Darn, I really should've been smarter than to jump about 20 feet..." I muttered to myself, grabbing the atlas on a nearby table. I turned through the pages, finally reaching the page I was looking for. This page was where Anna said she dreamed of going, I decided I'd go with her when we were older.

"Windows are covered, now we just stay qui-" Anna stopped herself, hearing voices outside. "There were two of them, one went this way I swear!" "Ma'am, there's no kids here and if there were, we'd have found them by now." "Officer I could describe the whole story!" Shoot. Once they passed, we were speaking in quiet voices to each other. "Anna, what happens when class switches? What if they librarians get back? Anna we need an escape route!" I said, trying to stand up, but falling back onto the chair. "Okay our first action is getting you to a doctor." Anna said, crossing her arms. "Oh what do we tell the nurse!? 'oh hey yeah we were running from a psycopath teacher and I jumped off a railing about 20 feet, help?'!?" I said, trowing my arms into the air. "No, when the bell rings we go to the nurse, say you fell down the stairs, and you can get to a hospital." Anna replied. I wasn't worried about that, I wanted to know how we were to get back to class.

It's just a broken ankle, we think, I'll live. When Anna dislocated her knee a few months back, I went to her therapy lessons in the morning for her knee, even when she was in the hospital for it I took the day off. Anna was all I had, and I didn't plan on her drifting away like all the others, even Skylar was drifting off. She and my ex, Jack the biggest douche-bag in the school, started dating. They're gonna stay together for a long time, I'm sure of it. Basically anyone I meet finds a way to ditch me, but not Anna. I don't think Anna would ditch me, even for her popular friends, dispite being one of the most asked out girls in the school, she would never leave me. And I would never leave her.