Chapter 8

I woke up early. Normally at this time, I would be required to wake up at this time, and head to my parents room immediately, but I was at Anna's house. I basically lived with Anna at this point, haven't been home in forever, and I intended to keep it that way. I carefully got out of Anna's arms, quietly grabbing my phone and making my way to the guest room. I opened my music app, blasting "If I Could Tell Her" from the Dear Evan Hansen musical. I turned the volume up to where I could hear it barely, and set it down on the guest bed. I closed the door and began dancing around the room, singing quietly along to the song. I was never a good singer, but I tended to do it sometimes, often judged by people.

"If I could tell her, tell her everything I see..."

I drifted my dancing past the dresser, looking at the many family photos set up

"If I could tell her, how she's everything to me..."

I traced my gaze over each picture, each of them were happy in every picture.

"But we're a million worlds apart, I don't know how I would even start..."

My eyes caught a certain picture frame, many picture cut-outs were plastered onto a paper, then placed into the frame.

"I don't know how I would even start..."

I gazed over each picture in the mash-up, my eyes catching a certain one.

"If I could tell her, tell her everything I see..."

It was of Anna, looks recent to. She was with some other guy, Anna's arm was draped across his shoulders.

I had stared at the picture before me. I decided to stop the music and look around the room more, see if this guy is important...

I looked through drawers, finding a photo album marked "6th Grade". I flipped through it, lots of these were birthday parties, of course. I personally hated my birthday, and Valentine's Day. In the album, there were lots of pictures of her and that guy. Reaching the back of the album, I found a certain picture, taking it out of the album, just to see I wasn't hallucinating. I flipped the picture over, reading the writing aloud quietly to myself.

My Anna,

On this day, September 21st, 2017, I asked you to be my girlfriend. Anna, never forget you're perfect, and that you changed a life, mine. I could've ended up with anyone, but fate gave me you. I'll always be thankful for everything that happens with us. Anna, I would do anything just to be with you for the rest of my life. Anna, I love you, more than you'll ever know.

-<3, Jacob

I put the picture and album away, snatching my phone and going to the living room. What's he have that I don't!? Oh, yeah I know, a pen*s, yeah uh-huh, yeah, she want's guys, gotcha. Guess shooting stars make wishes fail. I couldn't talk to anyone, everyone was sleeping at 5am! I grabbed frozen waffles from Anna's freezer, walking outside. I munched on the waffle, opening the door that lead to her garage and taking her scooter out for a ride. Yeah she had a Razor scooter, but I learned my first tricks on it, wouldn't kill me to try newer tricks.

Turns out, not to far from her house is a skate-park! I did all the tricks I knew I could do without fail, bar-whips, tail-spins, you name it! I even had a small crowd watching me. SMX was one of my specialties after all. Might I add, I did this without a helmet. I taught a few beginners at the park some of the easier stuff to give them a head start. I had a few competitions with a few other more advanced riders, I won some and lost some. I could say I was there for about 2 hours. Anna would still be sleeping I'm sure. Some guy brought a small trampoline to the park, so lots of us did tricks on that, which was kinda weird, being bounced after a landing or bounced before entering the bowls. I tried a dude's skateboard for the first time, he tried my.. Well Anna's scooter for the first time as well. Skateboarding definitely is harder than scootering, on a skateboard you gotta have this balance constantly, no handlebars for catching yourself. Dropping in was definitely hard, it's like standing on the edge of a cliff, possibly falling at any given moment.

Once I got back to Anna's, she was awake, eating some cereal. "Where've you been!?" Anna shouted, getting up from her seat. I couldn't take her seriously when she had a bowl of Cheerios  in her hands. "I woke up early, so I went out for a walk."I replied, walking over to sit on her couch. "Why didn't you wake me? I could've gone with!" Anna whined, setting her bowl on the counter and taking her seat next to me. "You were so pre-- peaceful! Peaceful when you were sleeping." I said, placing my head in my hands. Anna giggled slightly, patting my head. I turned my gaze to Anna. "Hey Anna, you ever played Fortnite?"