d r e i u n d z w a n z i g

gelsenkirchen

LEON ARRIVED AT THE APARTMENT that Eleanor had rented out for a few days. Who greeted him at the door was none other than Jonas, who bro-hugged him and proceeded to apologise about the confusion when they first met. Leon just brushed it off, not wanting to relive his mistake.

In one hand was the Schalke bag that carried the Schalke shirt he had brought for Grace and in the other was a bag containing snacks that Grace asked him to bring. There were just some chocolate, cakes and crisps- all of which were detrimental to his body, but he figured a few gluten-free cupcakes couldn't hurt for one night.

"Grace is in the living room, preparing for the evening, blankets and pillows and shit. El's getting the pizza, takeaway and the alcohol," Jonas snickered, leading him down the brightly lit corridor and through a door, "G, lover boy's here."

The girl snapped her head up, her hair flying around her. She sent a glare towards her cousin, "You need a girlfriend, asswipe. Hi Leon."

Leon situated himself on one of the suede grey couches, "This is cute," he gestured at the mattress that filled the space between the adjacent couches, where pillows and blankets were piled on top. He handed Jonas the food bag, and the boy disappeared out and into the kitchen.

"Thanks," Grace unfolded another blanket and laid it out before nodding at the royal blue bag, "What's that?"

He raised his eyebrows and chucked it at her. She was caught off hand and it lamely smacked her side before plummeting onto the part of the mattress she was stood on. Grace glared at him, picking it up.

"It's your present, Bauer," Leon relied, "I hope you hate it."

"So much faith in yourself," she mumbled, fishing out the shirt, "Oh, the Schalke away shirt- oh but with your name on the back, who would've thought?"

"I was looking through the shirts and I thought you'd look good in white and light blue," he shrugged impassively, "But obviously you're not allowed to wear anyone else's name and number aside from mine."

"You don't claim me, Goretzka. You could've gotten me a blank one," she chucked the plastic bag at him but kept the shirt in her grips, holding it up by the shoulders and hanging it against her body, "Is this everything you imagined?"

If he were in a music video, Leon Goretzka would be licking his lips as he watched the girl prance around the living room as she held up the shirt. From the front, it covered her tank top and lounge shorts so all he could see was her miles of legs and his shirt.

"And more!" he called after her cheekily.

"Idiot," she jeered, "But I like it, Leon. Thanks."

"Really?" his eyes brightened.

"Of course," she shrugged, picking up the bag from beside him and placing it back in, "It's sweet."

"Wear it to the next home match," Leon felt happiness surge in him as he prepared to deliver the news.

"Which is when?"

"Not until the end of October- the 23rd of October- but i've been given the green light to play. I hope you can make it," Leon watched with a beam as her jaw dropped and she raced over to hug him.

"I'm so happy for you Leon! I know that this injury was so hard for you," she cried out.

On more than a few occasions over the two months they knew one another, Leon had broken down in front of Grace, cursing his injury and wishing he could do more to help the crumbling team. He had broken down, wanting nothing more than to be kicking a football again, and all Grace could do was wipe his tears and give empty promises of his forthcoming return.