v i e r z e h n

a/n: FINALLY ;) is this a spoiler? maybe? hmm ;) ;) mwah! also, the previous chapter and this one is largely from grace's perspective cause i wanted to change it up a bit :) PLEASE LISTEN TO THE SONG ABOVE DO IT YOUR EXPERIENCE READING THIS CHAPTER WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER! end sentence is taken from a poem by lang leav!

leon's humble abode

"WHAT ABOUT THIS?" Leon held up the fourth shirt he had picked out for the night, watching tirelessly as she shook her head again, "What's wrong with this one now?"

"It's," she paused, crinkling her face at it, "Too long?"

They were in his walk-in wardrobe wherein they were deciding what Grace would borrow to wear to bed, but Leon never envisioned her to be picky. She had rejected four tops and counting and it took about 6 bottoms to find one that fit Grace since her waist was considerably smaller than Leon's.

"You know what? You pick," he groaned, giving up.

Grace giggled, patting his arm as she walked past and examined the rails of the wardrobe. It was neatly organised. His t-shirts were all together and bunched according to material, and that's how the rest of the wardrobe went: categorised into clothing type with sub-categories of material. He wasn't OCD about anything aside from his wardrobe.

She got to a section in the room, where she looked between the clothes and Leon, "How about this?"

"Grace, you rejected the first shirt because it was 'too blue' and then the last one because it's 'too long' and now you choose the bluest thing in the room and something of the same length?" he huffed, kind-of amused but also exhausted, "But yes, you can wear that. I knew you wanted a Goretzka jersey."

The girl was holding the hanger that held a Schalke jersey from last season. He hadn't worn it in forever since it was from last season, and he was never going to wear it so Grace might as well. 'GORETZKA' was in royal blue under the '8' he donned so proudly.

"I'm only wearing this because I like the material," she rolled her eyes, "And before you ask, I don't own many, but I love borrowing some of my dad's shirts."

"Excuses," Leon retorted, "I'll go so you can change."

Grace smiled to herself. This boy always had that effect on her. If they stay friends, Grace would not be averse because he was just great company all the time.

She slipped off the warm Germany jumper, and the shirt she had on underneath before putting on the jersey. It smelled of a pleasant washing powder, and not of Leon's scent. Grace noticed when they were all bunched together on the couch that he smelled the same whenever they saw one another, so he must have a favourite cologne or something. She felt stupid just thinking about it.

Grace exited the wardrobe, that was basically the size of her room, to find Leon on the bed again, "What do you want to do now, Goretzka? Are you tired?"

"We did have that 3 hour nap," he said, "So not really, no. So, not to sound like overly creepy and all, but I was stalking through your Instagram-"

"That's creepy, Leon."

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, I remembered that you didn't play the guitar for me at your house-"

"Because you ran away like a little bitch."

"Grace! Stop interrupting!" he groaned, tugging at his hair, "I remembered that I have a guitar from the time that I got injured for basically the whole season and I tried to learn but failed, so you should play! Give me a little show."

"That makes me sound like a prostitute," she humoured, "But since you look like you won't take no for an answer, where's the guitar?"

"Yay!" he squealed adorably and led her back out to the living room. In the corner was a gorgeous Taylor 310ce propped up on a stand, a little dusty.