z w e i u n d z w a n z i g

a/n: ooo new character! played by the lovely, super handsome herman tømmeraas!

in gelsenkirchen

THE SCHALKE TEAM were in good spirits after finally getting a win in the Bundesliga against Mönchengladbach. Leon had been on hand watching the whole debacle and cheering as three shots flew to the back of the net. His best friend had been extra happy too, because while he didn't have an active part in the win against Gladbach, he received the news that he had been called up to the nationalmannschaft for two consecutive international breaks. Truly, Leon had been happy for him and knew that he himself would get his own time when he returned and if he worked hard enough.

It was the third of October, a day after the win and that night Max was leaving to go to Hamburg, where the national team would play against the Czech Republic. Unfortunately, Hamburg was a little further than Düsseldorf, which was where Leon last saw them, meaning he couldn't make it there and back without being absolutely exhausted. He didn't think he'd have been up for a three and a half hour drive there and back and he figured it wasn't a necessity for him to be there. He didn't want to miss a single day of rehabilitation anyway; each day there was another day closer to his return and another opportunity to become stronger.

They were out in the town, sunglasses on, hoods up, scaling mainly the shops that sold sportswear, despite the fact that there weren't too many of those because they were in measly little Gelsenkirchen. Leon hated shopping there; the shops were so lacklustre.

"Dude, go in there," Max nodded his head at a shop, to which Leon vehemently shook his head to.

"Nuh uh, Max. You don't need anything in there," Leon tried pulling him away from the direction but as little as Max was, he was strong.

"I want to see what new shit they have," Max protested, "Swallow your swollen ego. You're not that famous. You aren't Bieber or anything."

Leon begrudgingly followed Max into the Schalke 04 gift shop in the town centre of Gelsenkirchen. It was just that whenever a Schalke player visited, planned or not, there happened to always be some kind of meet-and-greet, because obviously everyone would assume they were players if they didn't already know as their faces were shown on screens that advertised the items.

Max and Leon kept their heads down, looking through the items, in which Max decided that he desperately needed a new Schalke blanket and a new Schalke cap. Leon was impassive until they got to the away kit shirts.

"I'm getting one," Leon announced quietly to Max, looking through the sizes.

"Why?" he snorted, "When you come back you'll get two like every other week. Or you could just ask for one."

"Dummkopf, we could just ask for everything they sell in this store," Leon pointed out, "But I want to get one for Grace."