f ü n f

a/n : valentina has the most beautiful voice ever, please do yourself a favour and check out her instagram! also, here's a gif of her with brown hair, which will become relevant in a bit. also, this is very much a conversation-based plot. the story moves along through character interaction so there's a lot of dialogue!

 the story moves along through character interaction so there's a lot of dialogue!

-

august fifteenth

THE FACE ON THE SCREEN WAS BEAMING his normal, known grin as he greeted Leon. Leon hadn't seen him for far too long and he had seriously missed him.

"Hey man!" Julian hollered, "Weird time to call."

"You were active on the group chat so I thought i'd call and also, I need to ask you something," he shrugged, "But how was the Euro's? And your vacation?"

"I mean the Euro's was amazing aside from the fact that we lost, I guess," Julian's face was impassive, "LA and Mexico was great though, I really needed it. Now i'm back to Wolfsburg."

Leon recognised the resignation in his tone, "Still trying to leave?"

"Doing my hardest," Julian murmured in disappointment, "I know they won't let me go. My buy out clause is huge and can't even be triggered until next summer. I thought i'd like it here, and I did, but they knew they were just a stepping stone to somewhere greater. I want to get out of Germany, man! Paris or London or anywhere!"

"Well it sucks you're stuck there," Leon offered his two cents, "You're destined for somewhere greater."

"Don't get sappy with me, man," Julian laughed it off, "What did you want to oh-so-desperately ask me at 10 in the morning?"

"I didn't call you just for that; I wanted to ask how you were too!" he defended, "But this is such a weird question, okay? Do you remember a lot of the people you went to school with at Gesamtschule? Like not just your friends but generally the whole school?"

Julian's gaze changed into confusion, "Yeah, weird question definitely, but uh, no, not really. I was only there for a year and I was so much more focused on Schalke. Why? Met someone who said they knew me?"

"Yes, in fact. I just wanted to ask you about her, if you knew anything or just see if you remember her. She got all embarrassed when I said i'd ask if you remembered her. I think she had a crush on you," Leon cackled.

"Oh, a she? You like this girl?" Julian winked, "Le, everybody had a crush on me."

"I met her yesterday," Leon deadpanned, "Her name's Grace? Grace Bauer?"

"Bauer? Gah, that's generic," Julian looked away, trying his hardest to think of a girl named Grace Bauer from 5 years ago, "Describe her to me?"