Chapter 26

It feels like we're moving in slow motion. My lips are on his and nobody is going to stop us. The passion that has been growing over the past few months has never been more prominent. As I run out of breath I pull away. What the fuck have I done. I stare Zander in the eyes. If I do this now, there's no going back. Zander is a lot of things. I've referenced to him as an asshole, a poisonous human, but also a caring, humorous individual who has been here for me these past two months more than anyone has since Zack died. And I think that was what drew me in. Not only did I want something that I know is bad for me, but he makes me happy. He's like chocolate, a lot of it isn't good for you, but it tastes so good. Sure this kiss is a what the fuck moment, but it's also a moment that can decide my future. So I do it again. I kiss him again and don't look back. Because while Zander has his flaws, he is the person I want in my life. His smooth lips move against mine for a second time. The fire was there and burned even more. It was the perfect moment. But all good things come to an end as Zander pulls away and kisses me on the forehead.

"I really enjoyed that," I crack a smile at his words and rest my head against his chest. My life really isn't amazing. It's kind of shit, to be honest, but with him. I don't have a care in the world. Everything seems perfect even if it isn't. And I don't care if everything else in my life is going wrong. There's only one thing that I want to be good and it's this. Whatever Zander and I have.

"I second that statement," I reply to his first comment.

"Carly. Chika. I really like you. And it's something I've never felt and I know that I have ruined many years of your life and I'm so sorry. You've made me happier than ever these past two months and I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else. Can I officially invite you to a date as my official girlfriend?" My eyes widen at how straightforward he is, but hey, I'm not complaining.

"I mean sure, I mean I guess I like you," I joke. He smirks in return.

"Says the one who kissed me,"

"I did not kiss you!" I defend, "I just happened to trip and my lips landed on yours!"
"Oh yeah, that happens to me all the time. Especially two times in a row. Like what the hell!" I laugh in return and finally give him a final answer.

"Yes Zander, I will go on an official date with you as your official girlfriend." I smile at those words. Girlfriend. I haven't been called someone's girlfriend in a really long time.
"Grand, I'll pick you up tonight. Be ready by 6:30," And with that Zander turns and goes down the ladder that we had come up. I, on the other hand, decided to stay on the roof of the school for a bit longer. This was my safe place. As most people would know, school is a personal hell for me, so the roof was my way of escape. I can stand there undisturbed and just think. And sometimes my thinking leads to good things. Other days, it leads to bad things. Today was the latter. Although the brand new news of being in a relationship had sidetracked me from my real problems, they still found their way into my mind. And how do I deal with my problems? Well usually I ignore them and when that doesn't work I try listing them out and finding some good in it. The first problem I have to deal with is my parents. This is a problem I've been ignoring for a while and my relationship only gets worse and worse if I don't fix it. The good thing about this problem in my life? Well, I'm going to have a baby sister. I hadn't even really gotten over that fact yet. A sister. Another person to be there for me, to make me smile. I smile at the thought of her. My next problem is probably the Cobras. Good thing? Well, with this I can put an end to the Cobras. Next problem? Most likely the whole school finding out about me and fighting. Good thing? There really doesn't seem to be one. What? I can finally be myself. Yeah maybe, but being a nerd by day and streetfighter by night is sort of my thing. I like living the best of both worlds. I have my own Hannah Montana life. Last problem? Streetfighting. Was it a problem? I really don't know. There are so many pros and cons and streetfighting, but it's my senior year. I have so many things that I want to do with my life and I really don't think I want streetfighting to follow me into that next point in my life. It's gotten me through so much these past few years, but there's so much more to consider now. I have a sister on the way. Does she really want to grow up with a sister who disappears in the dark hours of the night and comes back battered up? Probably not. I close my eyes feeling the oncoming headache. I decide I should go to class and I climb down the latter. And as I shut the trap doors, I also shut all my problems out there too.