Chaoter 20

"I would really love to stay, but I have to be at Zander's." I tell my parents. Brian raises his eyebrows at me.

"We have a guest CarlyAnne, Alexander can wait. Tell him you're with your boyfriend." My father says. I roll my eyes at my fathers name mixup when he knows it's Zander and the boyfriend comment. Did he not notice that I don't want Brian here? Did he not notice that I'm trying to leave the house because Brian's here? Is he an idiot?

"Brian and I broke up a while ago." I inform my father.

"Well he's still here as our guest, so tell that Landen boy that he'll have to wait." I sigh in annoyance.

"Actually, I came here to ask if I could take C out," I hate him. I hate him and the stupid nickname. Like stop please, "Will you allow me to take her out to talk?" Brian asks. My father smiles at him.

"Of course Brian, go ahead CarlyAnne." My father gestures towards where Brian is already walking. The front door. I glare at my father and give my mother a 'help me' look, but she doesn't realize. I sigh and follow Brian. I'm not actually going anywhere with him. We walk outside and he grabs my wrist, dragging me towards his car. He pins me up against it.

"What is it C? What's your answer." I keep my cool at his close proximity.

"Okay, I'll join." I tell him, going along with the plan. He raises his eyebrows.

"And I thought it'd take a lot more convincing," He admits, "Now we have somewhere to be." He tells me and gestures towards the car door. I open it and get in. The same car, a black BMW 2-series. It's smells the same, a French vanilla scent. Not much has changed. I see the heart I drew in sharpie on the dashboard that says B+C. That was back when I was deeply in love and thought our relationship would last for an eternity. That was when I was so innocent and thought Brian was the best thing a girl could ask for. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to get rid of it. I also spot the lipstick tube I would keep in here in case I ever needed to reapply. He really didn't change much from the last time I was in the car. I look at the radio and see the used to be faded buttons. I had the brilliant idea of going over the buttons in white out for the no more fade affect. He totally agreed and we had our stupid moment, painting over the numbers in white out. When we were dating, I didn't realize how much this car actually meant in our relationship. It holds so many memories. Brian presses the on button and the radio turns on. He clicks the number two button to get a station and it's the top hits station. It's on commercial, but he keeps it there, waiting for a song to play. I personally would change the radio right away, I'm so impatient waiting for the song to start. I would do that, but I don't feel comfortable in this car anymore.

"And now we have an oldie from our favorite, Taylor Swift. This was a request from Laura, enjoy Laura." The guy says. The next thing I know, Our Song from Taylor's Fearless album is playing. Forgetting how uncomfortable I feel in this car, I turn the radio off. Brian takes a side look at me and turns the radio back on, I'm sure just to annoy me. I hate this song with a burning passion. Our Song is actually our song. Me being the cliché bitch I am, wanted a song for Brian and I. I would change the radio, station after station, waiting for that song and then one day Brian just screams in annoyance, "OUR SONG IS TAYLOR SWIFTS OUR SONG! OKAY?" And I was okay. It was cute. I always wanted a song for us and we took the song called our song about a girl who wanted a song for her relationship.

So I guess you could say our song is slamming screen doors, sneaking out late, tapping on your window. When we're on the phone and you talk real slow cause it's late and your mama don't know. Our song is the way you laugh, the first date man, I didn't kiss her and I should have. Brian said that's the way he actually felt too. I thought it was so cute, but right now, with the nickname and this song, I'm dying. Suffocating from the past, the memories. And after I thought it couldn't get worse, Brian starts humming and then quietly singing along. How isn't this killing him too? Doesn't he die everyday getting into his car, I would. Gosh, this whole car feels like it's storing our relationship memories. I fucking hate it.

After a I don't even know how long ride, we pull up outside Zander's house, delightful. I open my door and get out, walking over to the other side of the door where Brian stands. He starts walking toward and I follow. He walks in without knocking.

"Randy!" He yells, "I have you an early birthday gift!" He yells again. I observe the house. It's as messy, maybe worse, than the last time I was here. Beer bottle and cans are scattered everywhere. Randy comes from a door that I'm guessing leads to the basement. He inspects me.

"I don't know how you did it Bri, but good job. Next time though, don't do it without me knowing." Brian nods with a smirk. He's so happy to be praised by Randy. It's actually sickening. I'm about to barf from it. How could someone feel content with themselves when they're working for a gang. How could someone feel so happy to drag someone else into the life of a gang. What is the feeling? Is it like 'Yes! I'm a step away from getting killed by my own boss!' Yeah, that's probably it. Brian's probably happy that he won't be getting killed as soon as he thought. But he should expect the unexpected. The Brian I knew was nothing like this. He was so caring and sweet. He seemed so happy, I have no idea what made him join a gang.

"Well, let's get you started on a task, shall we Anne?" I freeze at that name. If C isn't bad enough, Anne actually does it. I feel light headed. I think I'm going to pass out. The last and only person who ever called me that was Zack. Nobody else. If they did, I would kick them in the balls and yell at them, telling them they didn't have the right to call  me that. Don't get me wrong, I really do want to kick Randy in the balls, but I'm sure he's armed. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

----
Word count:1,175
7/25/16
A/N:
It's the 20th chapter! Woah!!!!! And it's the 25th so tomorrow is the 26th which means my data gets renewed for the month. Thank you Verizon!!! I'm so happy!! So, these past few days I've been a bit down because I miss my besties from camp. I became so close with them.

Anyways this chapter I thought was pretty good. It didn't have that much dialogue, but a lot of Carly's feelings which I like. So now I'm off to read until 2 in the morning.

Follow me on social media:
Twitter:amadp_123
Instagram:amadp_123

Lots of love,
Ana<3