Chapter 8

After 3 hours of working on our project and Zander fooling around a bit, we were finally done. Finally done the project that would've been done yesterday of it weren't for Zander.

"Hey Chika?"

"Hm?"

"Can I stay here a little longer? Home is kind of the last place I want to be right now." This was when I realized, Zander has some reason to fight too. Part of his reason may be because it's just fun as hell to knock someone's jaw out of place, because it is. But another reason he fights is because he has problems of his own. I have my parents who don't pay the slightest bit of attention to me and brothers death and he has, well, his home life it seems.

"You didn't ask about my brother, so I'm not going to ask about your life at home. But yeah, you can stay for a bit. But I'm going out to dinner with my friend tonight, so when he gets here, your going to have to leave. Is that okay?"

"A friend? You have a friend? Especially one that's a boy? Sounds like a date to me." I feel my cheeks heat up even though it's a meaningless dinner with a guy who I consider a brother.

"It's not, he's like a brother to me."

"I'm just joking with you. Thanks by the way, for letting me stay without asking about it." I smile at him. This was a different side of Zander. No smirks, just smiles. No insults, just jokes. I like this side of him.

"No problem, so what do you want to do? I have a PlayStation 4 in my basement. You want to play something on there?"

"You play on the PlayStation?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Is that not okay? Come on." He follows me out of my room, downstairs, and to the basement, "Can we play Call Of Duty ghosts?"

"You play COD?" Now he just looks dumbfounded.

"Yes, so can we play?"

"Yeah, but don't cry when I beat you." I look at him, challenging him.

"Is that a challenge?"

"It is chika."

"You're on." And with that, I put the disc in and give him a controller and one for myself. I press play online and we start. I kill a lot of people and so does Zander, but by the end I win with 28 kills and Zander 25.

"Okay, I haven't played in a while. That was just my warmup."

"Carly!" I jump at Lanna's voice. I totally forgot she was coming over. I can't make her leave because that would be suspicious.

"Is that your mom?"

"Uh, no my cousin. In the basement Lanna!" I call back to Lanna. She comes downstairs and widens her eyes when she realizes Zander is her.

"Oh, sorry, I had no idea you had company. Hi, I'm Lanna." Lanna says extending her arm to shake his hand.

"I'm Zander, do I know you from somewhere?" Zander asks while shaking her hand. Shit.

"I don't think-"

"You're Midnight's manager!" Zander then yells out.

"Ummm."

"Yeah, Lanna manages a professional fighter. How'd you know."

"I just go to the fights sometimes. But isn't your name Jenna when you're with Midnight?"

"Stage name."

"And your ballet managers name is also Lanna?"

"Coincidence." I reply. Zander looks at me. As if he's putting it all together. I really hope he isn't. But before he can put it all together, another voice yells out.