Chapter 23

I walk out into the allies. What am I doing you ask. Well, I'm doing my job. I lean up against the wall in my hoodie. I fought my fight and won and now I'm doing my job. A guy comes around the corner. He's the only other person in this ally. He seems mid age, maybe late mid thirties. He's wearing a sweatshirt with some jeans.

"Do you have the stuff." He asks. He has a slight accent that I can't put my finger on.

"Yeah." I tell him. Right as I hand the bag of drugs over to him, my plan goes into work.

"Stop right there, this is the police." The cop says. The guy who I was selling to mumble profanities under his breathe. I smirk. The cop comes over and cuffs him.

"Nice job." I smile at Jared. Zack's best friend who did two years of community college and because a cop.

"No problem. I'll call you later." I tell him and I'm out of there. That whole scene just wasn't where you'd want to find me.

"How'd it go?" Zander asks as I walk inside.

"Great, Jared had him arrested. Now tomorrow we're going to get the cops for Randy, right?" I ask. He nods.

"Yeah, but be careful for the next 24 hours. Once Randy finds out that a client was caught, he'll be very suspicious, and to mention, dangerous." I wink at Zander.

"No need to worry Zandy, I've got this."

Zander and my plan. Was it full proof, hell no, but hopefully it will work. We wanted had have one of the clients arrested because Randy told me tonight and I couldn't have just told him, nope, we've got to lock you up first. I have to be careful here. But tomorrow, Randy's down the drain. And hopefully, it will be back to a normal day. Probably not, but hopefully.

I walk to my motorcycle and kiss Zander goodbye. I love him so much. He's sweet, hits, funny, possessive, all I want in a guy. And he's all mine.

"Bye babe." He says. I kiss him one last time.

"Bye." I put on my helmet and get on my bike, riding back to my house. I pull into my driveway and walk inside. My parents are home! Woah! That's a surprise. I walk into the living room and see the tied in chairs, tape on their mouths. Randy is there, holding a gun in hand.

"Anne, I'm so glad you could make it. I heard about your little plan for me. Sucks that I heard about it, right?" I look at my parents who's eyes are wide. I look back at Randy who's now holding the gun up at me.

"I wish I didn't have to do this Anne, you could've been a lot of help." He pulls the trigger and I shoot up, breathing heavy.

My face feels all sweaty and I feel it. I was crying. Gosh, that was a terrible nightmare. I hold my knees to my body and rock back and forth crying.

What if that happens to me. What if Randy shoots me before I even get the chance to put the plan into action. What if. There are so many what ifs. But this whole nightmare, it just makes me add more to the what if list. I cry silently because I don't want to wake mother and father up. I then realize, that they're still at work, it is only 12. I can't seem to calm down. I start wheezing. Shit. In and out. It's how you breathe Carly. Without thinking, I pick up my phone from my night stand beside my bed. I press Zander's contact.

"Hello." He sounds tired, his voice very husky. I would be swooning right now, but I'm too scared.

"Z-Zander?" I whisper.

"Yeah Chika?" He becomes more aware and sound urgent now.

"I had a bad nightmare." I cry a little.

"I'll be right there." He says. My eyes widen.

"No-" but he's already hung up. Well it looks like I'm having company. I wish my parents were here. Mother would know how to calm me down. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and my eyes widen more than they were before. I crawl back against my head board. I cry more, scared for my life. My bedroom door opens and there stands Zander in all his glory, wearing boxers. Woah. I cry more. Gosh, man up Carly. I guess I get spooked pretty easily. He comes over to my bed and sits next to me, cradling me.

"Shh, it's okay chika, it's okay." I sniff.

"It was terrible." I whisper. He nods.

"I know." And for some reason, I felt like he did know. He knows that feeling of almost being killed in a nightmare. Probably by Randy also. He lives with the man after all. He squeezes me tighter and it's now that I realize that I'm in bed with a pretty much naked Zander. I just roll my eyes, he's going to mention this later. I sniffle some more, calming down from his gentle touch.

"How'd you get in?" I whisper.

"Keeping a key under your doormat is the most obvious place in the world." He says and I chuckle a bit. It is really obvious. I yawn and he lays me down in bed.

"Get some sleep chika." He says. I'm about to close my eyes and he's about to leave, but I get flash backs of the nightmare.

"Zander? Stay?" I ask. He turns back towards me.

"Okay." He gets in the bed with me. I'm obviously not in the right mind because I cuddle up to his warm body. He slings his arm over me and rubs small circles on my back. We entangle our legs. I keep sniffling a bit, but I've calmed down a lot. I put my head in the crook of his neck and breathe in, he smells so good. I could get used to this.

----
Word count:1,009
7/28/16
A/N:
I'm so fucking tired right now that I don't care how bad this chapter is. I was thinking of not posting at all, or doing a 300 word chapter, but I didn't so your lucky. Because today hasn't been the best, so I'm hoping tomorrow's better and I actually feel like updating. Bye you big pieces of poop.

Follow me on social media:
Twitter:amadp_123
Instagram:amadp_123

Lots of love,
Ana<3