Chapter 4

"Can I help you?" I asked, surprisingly confident. I had been expecting this, just in case he did think it was me last night.

"Yes," he stared at me with the deep brown/blue eyes.

They were mesmerizing.

"I saw someone just like you last night. I couldn't tell if it was you, but, I'm just going to ask you this. Did you see me last night?" He's acting really weird. Like a whole new side. The badboy facade is gone and here is the real Zander.

"Sorry to disappoint, but don't you remember? I had ballet practice last night."

"Right, practice for the dress rehearsal. Sorry, I was just so convinced it was you, uh, um-"

"Carly. My names Carly. I'm leaving though. You're confusing me. I want to go eat my lunch, so goodbye." I started walking out, but he grabbed my arm stopping me.

"Not so fast, you're going to sit with me today at lunch chika." Back to the same old badboy.

"No thank you. I'd rather not." He was so frustrating, but I'll keep up the nice facade, just until I can get out of this.

"You don't have a choice." And with that he pulled me to his lunch table, the one right in the middle of the cafeteria. As he was pulling me I saw people staring, great. Girls were glaring at me. I just looked at the floor.

"Meet Jordan, Tyler, and Ryan. My friends." I knew who they were. They were the bad boys of the school. Who didn't know who they were?

"I'm surprised people want to be your friend." I mumble, but he heard it and scowled at me. The boys at the table chuckle. I sat down between Zander and Tyler. Zander was on his phone when a text popped up. Out of pure curiosity, I looked at it. It was a text from Tyler saying,

"Is she your new victim?"

Ew, in no way was I his new victim. I'm not going to get played by him like the whole girl population. I, first of all, don't like him at all. Like every time I see him, I have a hard time not gagging. He may be really hot, I'm not going to deny it, but his personality sucks. Second of all, I don't want him to just sleep with me and break my heart.

"I'm going to get food." I said standing up to get the stuff that our cafeteria calls food. It's more like puddles of grease, but some foods aren't that bad and when you're as hungry as I am, you'll take any food you can get. I stand in line and wait patiently for it to move along.

After I got my food, I walked back to the table and sat down with my burger, fries, and soda. The boys looked at me wide eyes. I hate how people do that, girls can eat too! The lunch is actually really unhealthy and I should probably be healthier considering the fact that I have a fight tonight, but whatever. Before I could say anything to the boys about how I can eat this much food if I want, Tyler speaks up.

"Who's Lanna." My stomach dropped. I saw he was holding my phone. It wasn't unlocked, but had a text from Lanna on it.

"Nobody." I said snatching it out of his hands.

"It has to be somebody, she asked if you were ready for tonight."

Shit.

"It's my friend. We're hanging out tonight. She was just asking if the plans were still on."

"Okay, tell me the truth, the Nerd doesn't have friends. Even if you did, there are no Lanna's in this school. If there were, I would have slept with her already because Lanna is a pretty sexy name." I rolled my eyes in disgust, "Hold up, are you a lesbian and that's your girlfriend asking about you know what tonight."