Chapter 9

"Well that was delicious, thank you for inviting me chika," Zander said as we were walking to my motorcycle. I ignored him. I was giving him the silent treatment because he was rude to our waiter and ordered a beer when he's under age. He could've just waited for this party that I'm forced to go to. If he was invited, I'm sure there will be booze, "don't be like that Carly, come on. It's not that big of a deal. I was going to drink tonight anyways." He used my actual name. It sounded odd rolling off his tongue. I'm so used to chika.

"I don't care if you drink, I'm not your mom, I don't tell you what to do, but ordering a beer at a restaurant is so," I look for the right word to describe how Zander was acting, "it's so obnoxious. And you were rude to the waiter! What the hell was that about?"

"It was about him shamelessly flirting with you, even after I told him you were my girlfriend. That's just rude."

"But I'm not your girlfriend, so you don't have the right to say that and control who I flirt with! That whole act about your best friend, sister, and girlfriend is complete shit Zander. Complete shit! I don't get it! I don't get you!"

"Live a little Carly! All you do is lock yourself up and be the quiet nerd. You let people push you around. Just live a little. Just go with my lies I tell a random guy who we'll never see again. Live a little dammit!" I was done. I take the keys for my bike out of my pocket and get on. Zander follows suit and gets on the back. It's funny, Zander on the back instead of me. It'd usually be the other way around. I would laugh, but he just makes me so angry. I drive us back to my house.

"I'm going to get changed." I tell Zander heading upstairs to get ready for this party he's taking me to.

"You're still coming?" Zander looks astonished.

"Although I'm still really pissed off at you, you're right. I need to live a little, so I'm going to my first high school party. And just to make it clear, I still hate you." Zander chuckles and smirks at my response and I go up to my room to get changed.

I've lost my virginity, I've gotten drunk, I've been to plenty of parties. Trust me, I've lived a lot, but not as school Carly, but as midnight. So I'm going to live a little as school Carly.

I go into my closet knowing exactly what I'm going to wear. I have a bunch of cute dresses stacked in the back of my closet. I choose a black dress that has black lace sleeves and a cutout near the cleavage. Next I apply a light pink lipstick, wing my eyeliner, add mascara, and eyeshadow. Lastly I curl my hair into loose curls. I look at myself in my full length mirror and I look hot. Can't wait to see how Zander reacts. Although I'm pissed at him, his reaction will be great. I put on black pumps and take one last look at myself in the mirror. Hot.

I start walking down the stairs. Zander was staring at his phone like his life depended on it. Once he heard the tap of my heels against the wood floors, he looked up. His jaw fell.

"Holy fuck." He said taking in my outfit. The reaction was amazing. Who would've thought Zander would think that about me.

"Are you ready?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm ready," he shakes his head, trying to clear it, "the car has been sitting for a while, so maybe we can try that again." I raise my eyebrow surprised that he didn't want to go on my bike again. He was swooning over it earlier.

"Yeah okay, but are we going to call a taxi home or are you going to be designated driver?"

"You're going to drink?" I nod raising my eyebrows at him, "I'll be designated driver, I already had beer at the restaurant." I roll my eyes thinking back to Zander's obnoxious move at the restaurant. We walk out my front door. I turn the knob to make sure it's locked and it is. I head over to Zander's car which he is already in. I get in and Zander turns the key. It turns on and Zander shoots his hands up.