Chapter 7

Friday+high school=happiness

Enough said. Everyone knows that high school students love Fridays because once school is over, it's the weekend. And everyone loves the weekend. Right?

Wrong. Well not 100% wrong. I love the weekend, trust me, but I have a project due on Monday and it would've gotten done this week if I didn't have a dumbass partner. The first day of the project he did nothing, the next day he did what he was supposed to do the day before, but only got so far, and today he finished that. But you see, now we need to transfer the information to the PowerPoint.

"You don't have to come over this weekend, I'll just finish it myself." I told Zander as we were on our way to the parking lot.

"No, no, no chika. You said you weren't doing all the work. I'm coming over tomorrow." I rolled my eyes. He should be happy. I'm offering to finish the project for him. Does he really want to spend his Saturday afternoon at my house working on a project? I doubt it.

"Fine. Be like that." With that said I walk out to my car. It's the end of the day and now, officially, the weekend. I would be jumping for joy if I didn't have to have Zander over tomorrow. I get in and drive to Forte, the gym I train at. The owner is an Italian guy named Luca. His grandma immigrated from Italy when she was young, so his family has a strong Italian heritage. That's why the gym is called Forte, because that's Italian for strong. I grab my gym bag, walk in, and greet Luca at the desk. The gym is pretty small and in the next town over, but I go here because it has a punching bag, it has private rooms, it's overall pretty private, and I love how small and comfortable it is. It's family owned, so it just has that nice feeling to it.

"Hey Luca." I wave to Luca and smile.

"Hey Carly! Are you here to do some training or pick up a shift?"

"I was going to train a bit, but if you need me to pick up a shift, I will." Luca lets me pick up some shifts at the gym and I am the leader for some classes. I do mostly self defense classes. He pays well and I love my job. He also is the only other person, besides Lanna, who knows my secret. Well, there's also someone else, but I don't think of him. If you were to ask me who my friends were, I'd probably say Lanna and Luca.

"No, I don't need you to take a shift today, but thanks for offering. I'll call you if I have one for you tomorrow."

"I can't tomorrow actually. I have to finish a project with an asshole."

"That sucks."

"Yeah. He may trick you with his amazing looks. I mean blue-brown eyes and the perfect, sculpted chocolate brown hair. The smirk he walks around wearing and the motorcycle he rides. The amazing chiseled jaw. He could fool you in a heart beat, but don't be fooled. He's poison. Obnoxious, arrogant, all I care about is myself, poison. Terrible I tell you." Luca raises his eyebrows at me.

"Name? Or aren't you going to kiss and tell?"

"Kiss and tell? What? No, no, no! Did I not just describe him as poison to you?"

"All I got out of the description is that you think he's really hot and have a crush on him."

"You're so blunt. No, I actually hate him. Trust me, crush is what I want to do to him. Actually, what I have already done to him." Luca looks at me confused.

"Explanation?" I think back to the beginning of the week when I was asked an explains toon from Mr.Smith which just landed me in detention with him.

"Yeah. He's a fighter. The Bar, have you heard of him?"

"Wait! You defeated The Bar? He was undefeated! He comes to the gym sometimes with his buds."