Chapter 10

Hangovers. They suck. They make you say stuff like I'm never going to drink again, but the next time you're out, you're taking drinks down, totally forgetting the consequences. I wish I'd remember the consequences.

It feels like an elephant is sitting on my head. It feels like a huge arm is strewn over my waste. It feels like legs are holding my legs down. I roll over and open my eyes into a face full of Zander. My eyes widen. What did I do?

"What the actual fuck?!" I yell. Big mistake, my head hurts like hell, yet it got Zander awake.

"Calm down chika, I didn't take your virginity last night."

"I know that. That was already taken. Why the hell are you in my bed?" I ask alarmed.

"I took you home after you got partially raped. But don't worry, big boy Zander came and saved your ass." The memories are now at flow. I only remember little portions.

"If I remember correctly, after you punched him in the jaw, I round house kicked him and punched him in the nose."

"Well, yeah-"

"So I saved my own ass." He scowls at me and I smirk.

"Speaking of chika, we need to talk."

"Isn't that what we're doing right now?" He rolls his eyes at my smart ass response, "But please let me get a shower, water, and Advil first."

"Okay."

I get out of bed and go into my bathroom. I take a shower, get into some sweats, get water, Advil, and then meet Zander on my living room couch with a cup of coffee for both of us.

"So, you can handle alcohol pretty well," I nod,"and can pack a punch really well. And your roundhouse kick looked like something out of a movie," shit, shit, "and when you're drunk you kind of spill secrets," shit, shit, "Those glasses of yours aren't real, are they?" I widen my eyes. What?

"You found out my secret. Nope! They aren't." I look down at my coffee and chuckle. Thank lord.

"And you're midnight." My head snaps up. How? What? No!

"What? No!" He chuckles.

"Chika, don't hide it. I've kind of been putting it together piece by piece. At the fights you just look like you, you knew my name, you knew Lanna, your manager, and Luca, your gym teacher, and you spilled it to me last night." I sigh.

"Fuck."

"This isn't a bad thing! Chika! Together we can overpower the ring. We can make thousands of dollars and nobody would mess with us!"

"Zander, I don't fight for the money."

"Why not?" He asks confused at what I just told him.

"Look around you. Does it look like I like this life?"

"Don't complain, because you don't know what it's like to not have the money that you do."

"I'm going to complain. You may have problems at home, but does it look like my family's perfect? Because we aren't. My parents aren't here, ever. They leave me alone until two in the morning everyday. My brother's dead. My parents are having another kid to fill in his spot. My life isn't and won't be perfect, ever."

"Look at you. It's disgusting. Complaining about things like too much money."

"Do you think I enjoy being bullied by you and the others because I have money?"

"But you can defend yourself. You just let it happen-"

"Zander, I think it's time for you to leave. You don't know me or my life. It's more than family and school, but just leave because you don't need to know anything." Zander stands up and without a word slams the empty coffee cup on the table, walks over to the front door, flips me off, and slams the door behind him. This is not my day. I just wanted to sleep to get over my hangover, but my biggest secret comes out. What a plot twist.

~|~|~

After drowning myself in pizza, Netflix, and my blankets, I still feel bad. I can't get over the stupid argument I had with Zander today. It really sucks because it just makes this hangover ten times worse. I know, I have the right to complain, but I feel bad because I don't know what's wrong with his life.

After thinking this all over, I came to a conclusion that I should apologize to him. With that thought, I got out of bed, walked downstairs, got my car keys, and got into my car. I went out and got it back today after they fixed a problem with the engine or something. I'm not a car person, so I wouldn't know.

I turn the key, press the on button for the radio, and pull out of the garage. It was a beautiful day out, opposite of what I feel. I feel sick and poopy. I start driving to Zander's house. I only know where it is because of 5th grade Zander. He lead me to his house and once I got there, he poured a bucket of paint over my head from his bedroom window. I will never forget how devastated I was. I had been getting cute little love notes in my desk the whole week. The last one on that Friday had been the address of where my secret admirer lived. It happened to be Zander and well, yeah. He ended up pouring paint on me.

His house is on the poor side of town. It's not the drugs and gun part of town, but it's almost there. After a fifteen minute drive, I arrived. The house didn't look that bad. Okay, that's a lie, it looks pretty bad, but I know it's his because I see his motorcycle parked in the driveway. I get out of my car, making sure I lock it. I
walk on the stone path up to the front door. It was cracked open a bit, but I knock any way. After waiting for about three minutes, there is no answer. I open the door a little farther and the house is littered with beer bottles. It smells like smoke and drugs. It is not a healthy house. I walk in a bit.

Isn't that how you get killed in every horror movie Carly?!

Curiosity killed the cat. Nobody was on the first floor, but I heard commotion upstairs. I go up the stairs and they creak a bit. I hear the talking come to a halt. I step on the last step and I'm now on the second floor. All I have to do is turn the corner and I will be in the hallway. I turn and I see three people standing there. My breath is caught in my throat.

"Brian?" I ask, terrified. There stood Zander, my ex-boyfriend Brian, and Randy, the leader of the Cobras. The strongest gang in the city.

"Ahhh, midnight, I knew you'd show in some time." Randy said.

----
Word count:1,161
7/10/16
A/N:
Woah! Am I right? Plot twist!

So this is kind of what I planned to happen for the whole book. The idea recently came to mind, but once an idea comes to mind, I catch it and run with it. So that's what I'm doing with this. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I really had fun writing it.

The updating everyday is beginning to be a hassle, but I've got it because I love you all! This will be sweet and short. So, love you all. Talk to me if you need to.

Follow me on social media:
Twitter:amadp_123
Instagram:amadp_123

Lots of love,
Ana<3