Chapter 27 My Prayer

A/N SORRY SORRY SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE!!! I recently got a hamster and she's been keeping me occupied. I promise I'll get back into schedule. Congratulations to BananaOats for winning the contest celebrating 1k readers! Read my story Her Savior as BananOats prize! Enjoy!

Third Person POV

"Destroying you will be a treat Erza!" Midnight said. "Come on Erza, no the Titania." Midnight licked his lips, ready for his entertainment of defeating Erza. (Y/N) turned into a bird, ready for Erza's order. Erza launched forward, slicing at Jellal. Only the walls around her crumbled.

"It's doesn't matter how nimble you are. My magic is unbreakable." Midnight confidently said. The spear once again missed midnight, earning a smirk on his face. "See?" Before Midnight could react a hard fist reached his stomach. Knocking him into the wall.

"Good thinking (Y/N)" Erza complimented.

"Wha-what?" Midnight coughed.

"Two. Two weaknesses to your magic." Erza explained. "First, if it can bend magic and weapons away, what it cannot do is bend someone's body."

"Tch. So what??" Midnight asked, standing up. His hand shined a red light, an attack emerging. The armor around Erza tightened, but no pain was shown. "Even if that's the case I can squeeze you to death."

"Second weakness.. is this!" Erza summoned a magic circle above Midnight's head, swords and other weapons appearing. Midnight jumped out of the way as the weapons fell above him. "You dodges my swords while my armor was twisted. Why didn't you redirect the swords aim? It's because you can only bend one area at a time. What's more, this Robe of Yūen armor can stretch and contract freely." Erza broke free, summoning her spear. "I guess it could make it three weaknesses now."

Midnight slammed his fist in the ground, hoping for a bit more time. "Surrender now peacefully." Erza ordered.

Midnight started to giggle, then laugh insanely. "It's midnight. Too late." The clock struck. "It's marking the midnight hour, and" a magic circle larger then Erza's appeared over Midnight. "At midnight my power is at its peak!" A monster, the size of a Titan emerged out of Midnight. The demon red eyes glared at Erza. From Midnight's hands a black ball of darkness grew large. As it was sent to Erza, (Y/N) jumped in front, defending the two. A blinding light emerged, leaving the ground in rumble. "Jellal.. your reign is over." Midnight lifted him up, squeezing Jellal in his monstrous hands. Midnight opened his mouth, consuming the wizard. "Even at Tower of Heaven there was no freedom.."

"I see! That's what Cobra was talking about!" Erza said, putting pieces together.

"You're to blame too Titania!" Midnight jumped, swinging his fist froward, meeting  another large fist. (Y/N) took the form similar to Midnight's but much smaller. (Y/N) held Midnight off as he spoke. "You left everyone in those eight years, leaving them to rot!"

Two goo like figures appear behind Erza. "Grandpa Rob! Simon!"

"Those are your sins! You're a monster!" Midnight laughed. (Y/N) turned to look at the mortified Erza, but took a big hit in the face instead. They were sent flying, but turned into a bird quickly flying back.

"Grrr.. WHY YOU!" Erza swung her spear, missing Midnight and turned into her younger self.

"My my that's not nice slicing your own friends." Midnight said. Erza struck once more but gutted Jellal instead.

"Wha-What?!" She cried.

"That's right. Slaughter Jellal with your own hands."

"WHY YOU-!" The spear impaled (Y/N). Right in the heart.

"Even someone you adore??" Midnight laughed. Tears brimmed Erza's eyes as (Y/N) fell limp.

"CURSE YOU!!" She screamed, swinging her spear. Midnight struck his finger in Erza's body, hearing her screams.

"Our midnight fun has just begun!" Midnight giggled.

Erza widened her eyes open, cutting through thin air. And then they were back on Nirvana. She was left with her spear to her side, standing by the unconscious (Y/N). Midnight's eyes were white, his mouth open. He fell to his knees. "My illusions didn't work?!" He cried.

"Unfortunately for you, illusion magic does not work on me." Erza said, opening one eye. "If you still can laugh at people's suffering, then you still have a long way to go to achieve greatness." Midnight thought of his prayer, how he wanted just to sleep. In a peaceful place. "If you want to defeat someone, you must know your own weakness first. And you must always be kind."

"Are you in pain??" Erza asked Jellal, seeing him cradle his arm.

"No.. I'm fine."

"I'm sorry. It seems I was in to much of a rush to stop Nirvana. You and (Y/N) are both seriously injured and have used up most of your magic power, (Y/N) using all of it. Simply standing must be hard Jellal."

"No I'm alright. The fact that stands is the seal is broken from Nirvana. I must stop it." Jellal said.

"How long??" Erza asked. "How long will I continue to place myself on a battlefield like this??" She looked up at the sky, thoughts filling her head.

A/N I'm sorry this was a bit shorter the fight with Midnight just makes me a bit emotional honestly. I think his 'prayer' is honestly the saddest. All he wanted was to sleep in a peaceful and quiet place. Some people don't have that ability to be asleep and not be afraid of what's gonna happen. So many of us take that for granted including myself. Damn.. I got really deep sorry. Have a great day or night. Till next time. Bye!!