Chapter 49

'Are you kidding me?' I ask when we get out of the car. 'Nope' she pops the p and gets the keys out of her pocket.

'I remember the keyring..' I mumble. She opens the door and I just already feel so many tears coming up. 

We walk into the hallway. I remember looking at this hallway when I was just about to leave.

I look around me. Tears are blocking my view, but I wipe them away to see this hallway for the last time ever. I grab one of Demi's jackets, sniff it and then hang it back. I will never smell Demi again, I will never even see her again. There's a mirror with a painting of a cat on top of it. The mirror is standing on a drawer, and in that drawer are scarfs, and gloves, and hats and all the winter stuff. I lace my fingers over the mirror.. one last time.

'Erm, Daisy?' Demi snaps her fingers. 'Sorry.. just daydreaming'. She opens the door from the livingroom. Fuck.

I sit down on the couch. The letter's fold, and it's laying in front of me. My face is in my hands and I'm crying so hard. The Awkward DVD is laying on the table too, and next to that is a glass which Demi probably drank out. I look around me. The blanket we cuddled under the first time we were together, is laying over the edge of the couch. And our cat is calmly sleeping on it. 

Demi's arms are softly wrapped around my neck. Her head is leaning on my shoulder. Tears are streaming down my face. 'I'm sorry' I whisper while wiping my tears away. I turn around and face the dining table. I see a wad of paper laying on the ground. I grab it, open it and then gasp softly. 

[Demi's POV]

I make a wad of the paper and throw it on the floor. What have I done?! I lost the love of my life. The only person that truly loved me and cared about me no matter what. I grab my jacket and keys. I pull it on and then slam the door shut. I make my way to her old house and ring the doorbell. One of her sisters opens the door. 'Can I help you?' 'Hi, I'm Demi, is Daisy here?'. Her eyes widen and her jaw sligthly drops. She then narrows her eyes. 'Daisy's not here, and I don't want anything to do with you'. She slams the door shut and I raise my eyebrows. I walk away and make my way to Jamie's house. I ring that too, and it opens after a while. 'Jamie, do you know where Daisy is?' She stumbles backwards and mumbles something. 'No, she should be at her mom's house..' 'She's not there either. She wrote me a letter and told me that she doesn't have a reason to live, and that I could keep all her stuff. I'm extremely worried'. She runs her hands trough her hair and then rubs her eyes. 'You know Demi, I want to find out what happened, but without you. I'm sorry. I can't talk with you without having a feeling that I want to strangle you'. I raise my eyebrows again. 'I'm sorry'. 

[Daisy's POV]

'Demi..' I whisper while I hide my face in her neck. She rubs my back and pulls my closer to her. We stay like this for, god knows how long. She pulls away, grabs my hand and takes me upstairs. There are old clothes laying around the hallway. She opens her old bedroom. It's the same as always; messy. 

We go upstairs, to the loft aka my room.

She smiles and opens the door. I slap my hands across my face and start sobbing. It hasn't changed a bit since the last time.

'Hey hey, baby, it's okay..' I get my hands away from my eyes and look around. My tears block the view.

The pillows in the corner, where Demi asked me to meet her family..

'Daisy, I have a surpriseeee!' Demi yells excited out of the hallway. She walks in, soaking wet from the rain. I chuckle at how wet her shoes and pants are. 'Don't laugh' she says while she takes her shoes off. Even her socks are wet. I can't help but giggle. 'Hey! Do you want to enjoy the rain too?' she asks while she walks upto me with a mischievous look. 'No! No Demi!' I say while I jump off my chair and run away. She runs after me. I run upstairs while screaming and she follows me. 'Demi, I didn't laugh!' I yell when she gets closer. 'You did!' I run to my room and realise that I'm trapped. She runs after me and wraps her arms around me when I give up on escaping. We trip and fall into the corner with pillows. She laughs and keeps her arms around me. 'You're making me wet' I say when her wet pants rub against my legs. 'I know' she says with a smirk. I think about it and start laughing. 'Well, I didn't mean that way'. I kiss her and we cuddle up. 'Okay, what's your surprise?' I ask after a while. 'So.. fall break is coming up. And my family is going to rent a house somewhere and we'll be there for 4 days. And I hoped that you might go with us so I can introduce you to them?' she asks nervously. I smile. 'Of course Dems'. She sighs in relief. I peck her lips and we go downstairs.

My clothes are laying around the room. Magazines are laying around the room..

'I'm so sorry for everything Daisy' she whispers while wrapping her arms around my waist.

'I'm sorry too' I turn around and also wrap my arms around her waist.

I lean in to kiss her and she leans in too. 

When we pull away, she smiles. 'I'm so happy that we have all these memories, and I'm going to carry them around me everywhere. And I don't want to do that without you. Can you please stay with me forever?' she asks softly.

I nod. 'I will be with you till I die'. 

__________

comment & vote. 

hope you guys liked itttt. I had an amazing birthday last thursday :) and I'm probably going to update one more time before I'm going to france. Alsssooo, I'm meeting one of my best instagram friends tomorrow, and she writes fanfiction too. Her username is daphnexlovato, and I'd love it if you checked some of her stories out. Okay, stay strong I love you guys.