chapter 4: Might not be the smartest / edited

It's about 4 weeks later and we've all gotten used to the school rhythm again. It's become tradition almost that we go get lunch together on Fridays to celebrate the weekend. Getting coffee has also become part of my morning routine. Waking up in the morning is a pain in the ass and ever since discovering coffee it's helped me cope with
the early mornings and lack of sleep.

I park my car at the Starbucks and get my coffee there. It's a 10 minute walk to our school from there and the parking is free so I don't mind walking a little bit. Sometimes I take Jamie with me, most of the times I go alone.

I walk out of Starbucks and head towards the school. I was never really the coffee drinker, but ever since I've found out about almond milk and sweetener I've been living on 3 cups a day.

After a few minutes of walking I try my first sip of and completely burn my entire tongue. "Jesus fucking Christ" I mutter to myself after spitting the sip on to the ground. "Good morning to you too". I look beside me and out of all people, Miss Lovato is walking next to me. "Oh god" I say chuckling as I throw my head back out of embarrassment. "You didn't just witness that, did you?" "I definitely did, great start of my day". She jokes. "I'm glad you enjoy seeing me suffer".

"Are you a coffee drinker?" I ask. "1 cup a day, just to wake up in the morning. I don't really function properly without that one cup". "I imagined you to be more of a tea drinker". Demi raises an eyebrow and smirks. "And why would you imagine that about me?" I immediately feel a blush rise to my face.

"I don't know, isn't that like a typical teacher thing? Drinking disgusting tea out of their 'You're the greatest teacher in the world' mug". She shrugs and smiles. "Don't own one of those yet, but I do like some tea from time to time".

"My dad drinks literally gallons of tea every day. It amazes me how much tea he drinks". She says. "My mom's like that too. I don't know how she does it but she always manages to have a mug filled with tea around her". "Yes, exactly! I mean, I don't hate tea but I feel like my dad's more in love with Blueberry Muffin tea than he is with my mom". I laugh.

We enter the school and part ways to each do our thing. I meet Jamie at our lockers with this weird grin on her face, and it confuses me. "What's up with your face?" I ask as I open up my locker. "Getting coffee with our mentor I see" she says. "We bumped in to each other. Literally nothing else is going on".

"You don't think I haven't caught on yet? I might not be the smartest but I'm not delusional. She has you absolutely wrapped around her finger. You literally melt when she winks at you. Which, if it makes you feel better, she only ever does when she's talking to you".

"It's none of your business and if you tease me about it, I will cut your hair off and choke you with it". Jamie holds up her hands in defense as we leave the lockers. "No need to threaten me. It's safe with me". "It better be".

"So, have you decided on what we're going to do on your birthday yet?" She asks, finally changing the subject. "My mom offered to pay for a dinner at Red Lobster for you, Madison, Chloe and I. We could go see a movie after dinner or something". "Sounds good".

My birthday is in a few days and it absolutely terrifies me that I will be an adult by then. I've always wanted to turn 18 and now that the time is there I just want to be a little kid that plays with her dolls and wears pigtails.

We head towards our first class of the day, and it's off to a great start. Geography by Mr Crawford. I'm a hundred percent convinced that he thinks I'm satan. I do absolutely nothing right in his eyes. I normally never really have conflicts with teachers, but somewhere in a previous life maybe, I've done him wrong. And now I'm paying the price.

He's threatened with detention countless of times for the absolute dumbest reasons. It's well known that Jamie talks a lot, but Mr Crawford always seems to think it's coming from my side. And when I speak up about it, I get shit on for lying.

It's a good thing we talked about how much he hates me with Demi on the first day. I'm sure she gets many complaints about me from him, but she hasn't let me know about it yet.

Today was just my lucky day because on top of Mr Crawford having the largest stick up his ass, he was also in a particularly bad mood today. And that resulted into giving me detention for having my phone on my desk. Totally reasonable! He also told me he was gonna have a hard word about me with Miss Lovato. I'm honestly just excited to hear what he has to say about me.

-
this ends weirdly but its just that 2014 me was writing 300 word chapters that I need to expand to at least 700 words now and its super difficult when literally nothing is happening. bear with me guys, im trying to make this as realistic and believable as possible. also please VOTE!!!!!!